1st Generation 1964 1/2 - 1973 - Questions & general discussions that apply to a specific year > 1966 Shelby

Same Newbie - few more resto questions for my 66 Hertz Car

<< < (2/3) > >>

J_Speegle:

--- Quote from: gjz30075 on July 01, 2018, 02:28:36 PM ---My question:   is the scripted fomoco solenoid also correct for my build date?  Pictured are the two I have.

--- End quote ---

Guessing at your possible build date (since we don't have any part of your Ford vin to measure against ;) its still pretty easy. Its NOT the brown case one :) As mentioned above the rectangle version of the FoMoCo is the one we all seem to like for your cars time period assuming it fits what we suspect. I'm hoping your car was built very close to my wife's cars build date/period

And yes for that period it would have been too early to find an Autolite one in the system. For others, when we get into the Autolite period there were a number of different versions not often found nor seen before we start seeing the C7AF-11450-A  ones. These include the two versions of the C4AF-11450-A  and the C6AF-11450-A marked ones

gjz30075:
Thanks Jeff!

edwardgt350:
brown sealer should be placed on the top rivet for this time frame?

Bob Gaines:

--- Quote from: edwardgt350 on July 04, 2018, 05:57:51 PM ---brown sealer should be placed on the top rivet for this time frame?

--- End quote ---
Glyptal sealer was typically used throughout production .It is a reddish brown. Sometimes a little to none is seen and sometimes a lot. The sealer was put on from the inside of the housing and the rivet then was set. The reddish brown sealer would typically ooze out from around the sides. If you are adding this to make it look like it is coming out from around the rivet very little is needed. Less is more comes to mind. 

edwardgt350:
thanks bob👍

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version