1st Generation 1964 1/2 - 1973 - Questions & general discussions that apply to a specific year > 1966 Mustang

1966 289 A code, auto, with smog, a/c and Autolite 6ZE hot idle compensator

<< < (4/4)

socalgt:
Good to know there is one less part needed to install the original system.

J_Speegle:

--- Quote from: socalgt on June 27, 2017, 08:10:48 PM ---Just to see if I understand this...in summary...did the 289 4V automatic cars "with" a/c have the compensator valve installed in the PCV hose at the factory?  Just want to be sure before I return the valve I was able to locate, but haven't installed yet.

Thanks Again....

--- End quote ---

Reread those two pages again in Bob's book. IF I understand it correctly (seems to match what I'm seeing in my picture collection) that yes they did for a very short time then things were changed do they were not needed/installed

socalgt:
Just to clarify.....a '66 289 A code with automatic and a/c received the compensator valve in the pcv valve at the factory?  (I found some posts by owners on similar websites indicating it was found on their '65 automatic cars with a/c)

J_Speegle:

--- Quote from: socalgt on June 28, 2017, 07:29:06 AM ---Just to clarify.....a '66 289 A code with automatic and a/c received the compensator valve in the pcv valve at the factory?  (I found some posts by owners on similar websites indicating it was found on their '65 automatic cars with a/c)

--- End quote ---

Are you now asking about non-Thermactor 289, automatic AC cars?

Just clarifying

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version