1st Generation 1964 1/2 - 1973 - Questions & general discussions that apply to a specific year > 1967 Mustang

67 Dearborn 390 GT Fastback Carb and Radiator Questions

<< < (2/3) > >>

Paperback Writer:

--- Quote from: Bob Gaines on July 03, 2017, 07:42:15 PM ---+1 .  The 67 390 replacement radiator from most vendors is going to be typically a 68-70 style size. 67 was a one year only narrower width. You can  recore and also get to use the same original fan shroud . Original 67 BB fan shrouds = big $$$$or repro much less $. You can upgrade to a 68-70 style which looks virtually identical except slightly wider width (given the same plant) but will have to get a 68-70 fan shroud . Original 68-70  fan shroud big $$$ or repro much less $ . All other things etc. fit the same regardless of rad used.

--- End quote ---
I believe the lower radiator brackets were also different between the '67 and '68 big block Mustangs - with slightly different mounting locations as well...

Bob Gaines:

--- Quote from: Paperback Writer on July 04, 2017, 10:23:52 PM ---I believe the lower radiator brackets were also different between the '67 and '68 big block Mustangs - with slightly different mounting locations as well...

--- End quote ---
Thank you for bringing that up since I had forgotten about those. The lower mounts should be changed for best results . The lower brackets are available reproduction however the later radiator can be made to work even with the 67 style mounts.

Rossco:
Thanks Bob and everyone Ill try and get her re cored It shouldn't be a problem over here in the UK

Has anyone got any ideas why the radiator would have blown and I did stop all most immediately so I am hoping there is no damage to the engine
Although you are right again Bob the engine has been rebuilt so I assume that is the cause of the engine running warm

67gtasanjose:

--- Quote from: Rossco on July 05, 2017, 10:41:41 AM ---Thanks Bob and everyone Ill try and get her re cored It shouldn't be a problem over here in the UK

Has anyone got any ideas why the radiator would have blown and I did stop all most immediately so I am hoping there is no damage to the engine
Although you are right again Bob the engine has been rebuilt so I assume that is the cause of the engine running warm

--- End quote ---

Depends, if or how much, the cylinders were bored out.

67gta289:

--- Quote from: Paperback Writer on July 04, 2017, 10:23:52 PM ---I believe the lower radiator brackets were also different between the '67 and '68 big block Mustangs - with slightly different mounting locations as well...

--- End quote ---

I have a few of these floating around but don't know which year - does someone have pictures comparing the two or a description?  That would be appreciated.  The 67 MPC calls it C7ZZ 8052-A. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version