1st Generation 1964 1/2 - 1973 - Questions & general discussions that apply to a specific year > 1969 Mustang

License Plate Color ?

<< < (2/4) > >>

Brian Conway:
So a best guess for the letter portion ?  Late 68 plate, September, issued for a 69 model year car ?  Thanks,  Brian

lancelot66:
By no means am I an expert but this site would make me lean towards going with gold on black, without the "63" embossed in the tab recess, for later in the '69 model year:

http://www.15q.net/ca.html

J_Speegle:

--- Quote from: lancelot66 on July 06, 2017, 12:17:27 PM ---By no means am I an expert but this site would make me lean towards going with gold on black, without the "63" embossed in the tab recess, for later in the '69 model year:

--- End quote ---

Did they even make one without the 63 in the upper left corner?? Will have to see what the late versions I have show The number was there to indicate what corner the odd numbered year tags should be placed

lancelot66:
yeah, when I went to that link and read through it, I had no idea there was a later version without the "63". Every plate that I've ever seen always had it. I'll admit I've been "earlier model-centric" but at shows and so forth too...

Brian Conway:
Well again citing from the Ca. DMV YOM form item 7; ' 64 to 69 year model vehicles must have a 1963 base plate '  Checking with a couple of the local guys and came up with; 69 BOSS 9,  7/69 with a YYG black plate and a 69 Torino black plate, 8 or 9/69 with ZVA letters.   Similiar to what Jeff posted and getting a rough idea for San Diego at the mid/end of 69.  My Sept. 68 early car could be in the  X or Y area ?  Thanks,  Brian

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version