1st Generation 1964 1/2 - 1973 - Questions & general discussions that apply to a specific year > 1966 Shelby

Darn it - Me Again - 66 Throttle Spring Bracket photo?

<< < (5/5)

Hipo giddyup:
Actually I have been told the "hole" at the bottom throttle shaft is for automatic cars, from what I understand. Maybe others can verify with their original carbs?? The throttle shafts without this hole were used on standard shift applications like the C6FZ-C.. Please correct me if this is incorrect because I replaced the shaft on my C6ZF-F carb even though the first one had better plating.  :-[ I would like to know for sure as well.  Attached are some examples, though these again might not be all original carbs.

J_Speegle:

--- Quote from: Hipo giddyup on August 30, 2017, 11:23:36 AM ---Actually I have been told the "hole" at the bottom throttle shaft is for automatic cars, from what I understand. Maybe others can verify with their original carbs?? ..............

--- End quote ---

Have original examples that where I've know the car since the original owner and that speculation does not match what we're finding. Looks more of an early late thing to me right now. Need to post some pictures and get the discussion going over in the 65-66 sect6ion. Talked to Charles and he recalls four versions if you include service/NOS part versions

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version