1st Generation 1964 1/2 - 1973 - Questions & general discussions that apply to a specific year > 1968 Mustang

68 FB Parchment Interior Paint Contrast

<< < (2/2)

J_Speegle:

--- Quote from: ruppstang on January 13, 2018, 02:02:48 PM ---I was thinking on a 68 saddle interior the upper panels would have been dark saddle not the charcoal color like a black or parchment interior?

--- End quote ---

Sorry thought he had limited the "black" comment to the OP not to his application.  Once I reread should have made that clearer. Agreed and that (the dark saddle detail) was covered in an earlier thread for 68 fastbacks

This thread may help

http://www.concoursmustang.com/forum/index.php?topic=17095.msg107475#msg107475

68GTFastback:
I have determined that many of the Parchment interior fastbacks had matte black trim above the quarter trim, and around the corners and below the rear window. In fact, there is a cobra jet within 40 miles of my home with the original interior and with the black trim. Others have been brought to my attention that had original interior trim. Can anyone explain or confirm the origins of those with the black trim?  Thanks     

J_Speegle:

--- Quote from: 68GTFastback on January 20, 2018, 07:39:04 PM ---I have determined that many of the Parchment interior fastbacks had matte black trim above the quarter trim, and around the corners and below the rear window. In fact, there is a cobra jet within 40 miles of my home with the original interior and with the black trim. Others have been brought to my attention that had original interior trim. Can anyone explain or confirm the origins of those with the black trim?  Thanks     

--- End quote ---

Can't explain why but can confirm that the Parchment 68 fastback interiors used a black dash pad and the rear interior panels above and including the thin divider or trim molding was dark charcoal metallic / "Black". Its also noted in many decoders as Parchment with Black

8F02C1360xx

Please disregard the owner added slats  ::)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version