1st Generation 1964 1/2 - 1973 - Questions & general discussions that apply to a specific year > 1966 Mustang

source for 66 satin wiper arms

<< < (4/4)

Bob Gaines:

--- Quote from: J_Speegle on January 22, 2018, 12:25:54 AM ---Sure one of us can dig out a flat style and post it to show the earlier style for comparison. Didn't have the time today  since those are all put away in round tubes

--- End quote ---
Until then the arms in your reply #8 are the earlier 65-mid 68 flat clip style and the ones in reply #11 are the mid 68-up curved clip style.

J_Speegle:

--- Quote from: Bob Gaines on January 22, 2018, 12:39:59 AM ---Until then the arms in your reply #8 are the earlier 65-mid 68 flat clip style and the ones in reply #11 are the mid 68-up curved clip style.

--- End quote ---

To illustrate that difference.

Rear plate with flat interlocking clip/tab

Rear plate with curved interlocking clip/tab

Bossbill:
One of the benefits of buying a parts car is finding stock, fairly decent wiper arms just laying in a pile of parts. The parts hoard looked a bit like Jeff's "Identify these parts" post.

Now that I've seen this detail I won't be able to un-see it!

Here is a pic of the underside of that flat plate arm:

rrenz:

--- Quote from: Bob Gaines on January 21, 2018, 02:36:43 AM ---The originals may be worth restoring 50 years in the future when there is no alternative and then it will be prohibitively expensive unless money is no object. There is a lot of labor to disassemble the arm ,take the diecast hub flange off ,repair the pits , re satin chrome plate the finish (special plating) and reassemble. There are still many out there in good condition to find. I have a few excellent pairs to sell in case you cant find any . Remember millions of Mustangs (66-mid 68 ) used them. That means a lot are still out there. The trick is knowing where to look.

--- End quote ---

Thanks for the heads up. I may contact you on some wiper arms before the upcoming show season.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version