Author Topic: Defrost control cable route  (Read 405 times)

Offline StanG

Defrost control cable route
« on: July 26, 2020, 09:18:48 AM »
HI all,

I've just restored and reinstalled the heater box and plenum in my 66 GT350, but when I go to connect the defrost control cable, the shortest of the three, there is alot of tension in it.  It has the two metal cable retaining clips, the one at the dash control arm and the one which is mounted on the cardboard plenum. On my original plenum, the metal bracket had torn off and was still attached to the cable, which I understand is quite common.  When I attach the cable to the new plenum, I can see that the tension will do the same as it seems to put alot of force on the cardboard mounted plenum bracket.

The cable runs down in an arc from the heater control unit to the plenum under the defrost duct.  I thought I may be routing it incorrectly or there is another clip That I have missed that will help support the cable so the plenum isn't taking all the tension strain.  Can anyone assist with where the cable should be routed?  Alternatively if the are any pics or a diagram I can refer to that would be a tremendous help.  I have done the usual online searches but haven't yet found anything with the detail I'm looking for.

Cheers
Stan

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
Re: Defrost control cable route
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2020, 08:53:16 PM »
Stan maybe that one detail your looking for is included in the following

Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

Offline StanG

Re: Defrost control cable route
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2020, 05:46:13 AM »
Thanks Jeff

Greatly appreciated. These images are very useful!

Cheers

Stan