Restoring - General discussions that span across many different groups of years and models > Parts

Export Brace repro/original

<< < (9/9)

jwc66k:

--- Quote from: dearbornshow1968 on November 24, 2023, 03:59:01 PM ---I have these three Export braces   
 One measures 1.25 at what I call the wrist   
  The Second one measures 2.50 at the wrist
The third one I know is a repro I bought measures 2.75 at the wrist.. 

My question is what is #1 at 2.25 inches   what is the #2 at 2.50   (pictures )        The one that measures 2.50 USED to have a FORD part Sticker       What is the 2.25    I have had these for 35 to 30 years    Except for the repro

--- End quote ---
I measured the export brace on one of my cars at the point you referenced. It was a shade over 2.5 inches. I know it's a Ford part, I bought it a Ford dealership (Now closed. They sponsored our Mustang Club.) about 25 years ago. From previous discussions on Mustang forums, a more critical dimension is the material thickness. The previously mentioned brace has a material thickness at your referenced (wrist) location of 0.135 inch. This thickness measurement was to identify reproduction braces which were "rumored" to be made from thinner sheet stock.

--- Quote from: dearbornshow1968 on November 24, 2023, 03:59:01 PM ---I have these three Export braces   
 One measures 1.25 at what I call the wrist   

--- End quote ---
I think you ment "2.25"
Jim

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version