Author Topic: Original 66 Convertible  (Read 1025 times)

Offline AU SNK

Original 66 Convertible
« on: August 08, 2018, 04:27:21 PM »
Was not sure where to post this, but saw this posted locally in Panama City FL. For anyone that might be interested, I have not seen this car in person, just passing it along. Add says it is an original paint/interior vert. From the pictures you can see not everything is factory correct, but if it is really original paint/interior might be worth it?  I would be willing to go take a look if someone was interested.

VIN # 6F08C741540...original owner info on owners manual, (pictured) . Data Plate (body 76B) (color Q7) (trim 62) (date 10 V) (DSO 32) (axle 6) (trans 6) ...(6- F- 08-C ) warranty # 741540

https://www.facebook.com/OldFlorida.Today/posts/1814546725288547

" It's only original once," 72,000 miles ...Runs Great, always starts right up ! Description : 1966 Mustang Convertible, 289, (200HP) V-8. Automatic, Build date, August 10, 1966...Special Order Factory Option, " Brittany Blue Paint ", Luxury Special Order Factory " Pony Interior " Blue & White Trim. I see restored cars, (Without special paint and pony interior) form 30k to 40k...a fair value for my Mustang would be $38,000 to $45,000, because it's Original, unrestored and it's special factory options, are rare. I would take $34,000, and it won't be long before it's $50,000.. Yes, that's the perfect original interior

Unrestored 66 Metuchen, NJ Fastback 6T09C2435XX
Sauterne Gold Metallic, Lt. Ivy Gold Crinkle Vinyl and White Crinkle Vinyl, Pony Interior

Offline midlife

• Wiring Guru---let me check your shorts!
  • Global Moderator
    • Midlife Harness Restorations
Re: Original 66 Convertible
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2018, 06:17:34 PM »
Was not sure where to post this, but saw this posted locally in Panama City FL. For anyone that might be interested, I have not seen this car in person, just passing it along. Add says it is an original paint/interior vert. From the pictures you can see not everything is factory correct, but if it is really original paint/interior might be worth it?  I would be willing to go take a look if someone was interested.

VIN # 6F08C741540...original owner info on owners manual, (pictured) . Data Plate (body 76B) (color Q7) (trim 62) (date 10 V) (DSO 32) (axle 6) (trans 6) ...(6- F- 08-C ) warranty # 741540

https://www.facebook.com/OldFlorida.Today/posts/1814546725288547

" It's only original once," 72,000 miles ...Runs Great, always starts right up ! Description : 1966 Mustang Convertible, 289, (200HP) V-8. Automatic, Build date, August 10, 1966...Special Order Factory Option, " Brittany Blue Paint ", Luxury Special Order Factory " Pony Interior " Blue & White Trim. I see restored cars, (Without special paint and pony interior) form 30k to 40k...a fair value for my Mustang would be $38,000 to $45,000, because it's Original, unrestored and it's special factory options, are rare. I would take $34,000, and it won't be long before it's $50,000.. Yes, that's the perfect original interior
I also live/work in Panama City, FL, so if anyone is interested, I can also take a look.  Four eyes are better than two!
Midlife Harness Restorations - http://midlifeharness.com

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2018, 07:31:10 PM »
Got to love how owners/sellers embellish so much. "Special order" this and "Special order" that  ::)  Did get a 67 color since it was a late build but not a Special order - seen a fair number of cars built that way

Looks like it could have had a repaint or at least a few touch ups. Kind of a "tweener" (between a "restored"/fixed up and unrestored) car since the engine compartment has been redone and the possible paint details. Only seeing it in person would confirm anything for sure
« Last Edit: August 08, 2018, 07:39:40 PM by J_Speegle »
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

Offline AU SNK

« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2018, 08:57:04 AM »
Got to love how owners/sellers embellish so much. "Special order" this and "Special order" that  ::)  Did get a 67 color since it was a late build but not a Special order - seen a fair number of cars built that way

Looks like it could have had a repaint or at least a few touch ups. Kind of a "tweener" (between a "restored"/fixed up and unrestored) car since the engine compartment has been redone and the possible paint details. Only seeing it in person would confirm anything for sure

Do what you have to do I guess to get the sale  ;)

Speaking of tweener, did the MCA ever establish the tweener class they were working on several years ago?
Sauterne Gold Metallic, Lt. Ivy Gold Crinkle Vinyl and White Crinkle Vinyl, Pony Interior

Offline carlite65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2018, 08:58:22 AM »
not to my knowledge. i think the idea kind of died. there is a judges meeting after the G/N later this month. might be a good time to bring it up.
5F09C331248

Offline AU SNK

« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2018, 10:45:27 AM »
Would be good if they did, would prob look at re-joining if they did. I think our 66 fits more to that classification.

Offline ruppstang

« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2018, 08:51:50 PM »
Everyone thinks it would be a great idea to have the Tweener class but no one has been able to apply any standards to it. There are just too many variables, unless you just want to give a award to everyone that shows up.
I think the MCA would still be open to a workable plan for that group.

Marty

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2018, 09:37:15 PM »
Everyone thinks it would be a great idea to have the Tweener class but no one has been able to apply any standards to it.............

I thought we had come up with a pretty easy solution. Sure not everyone would agree with it but it was simple, easy  and could be applied consistently across all classes and years but this is not the place to discuss the details right now. ;)

Intent was to get some of these cars out to the shows that had been improved or an area restored since they still had allot to offer and to provide a little incentive for them not to go through a full restoration
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)