Author Topic: Firewall metal clip for vacuum hoses - is it something that was San Jose only?  (Read 1442 times)

Offline RoyceP

I have searched the site and can't find any photos showing how the tilt vacuum hoses could get to that clip. I did find this thread:

http://www.concoursmustang.com/forum/index.php?topic=16853.0

Which shows multiple photos of the AC vacuum hoses in that clip.

Did find that that retainer (the rubber coated strap steel metal strap) was used for holding in place tilt hose in some of the application mentioned so that is why I asked. ;)

Because of that I would not agree that it had nothing to do with the tilt steering hoses for the applications mentioned in the first post. One of the challenges when we look at too many years and plants all in the same question I believe.
1968 W code 427 Cougar XR-7 GTE Feb 23 Dearborn C6 / 3.50 open
1968 R code 428CJ Cougar XR-7 May 13 Dearborn C6 / 3.91 T - Lock

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
I have searched the site and can't find any photos showing how the tilt vacuum hoses could get to that clip. I did find this thread:

Don't know that I've posted the example (haven't had time to search for additional ones yet) and post a picture. Was a 67 San Jose example and may not relate to your specific car but did to the wide 67-68 multiple plant question you started out with
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

Online ruppstang

I have searched the site and can't find any photos showing how the tilt vacuum hoses could get to that clip. 

The early 67s that had tilt with out air mounted the tilt vacuum can in the same location as the AC vacuum can so the tilt hoses ran through that clip.
Hope this helps.