Author Topic: Now for something different - Game 2#  (Read 2512 times)

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
Now for something different - Game 2#
« on: January 21, 2019, 05:50:30 PM »
Did this last winter while many members are shut indoors while the weather is cold outside. Think it was fun for some and educational for others and that is the purpose. Lat game spread for ten pages as we delved into details and discussions of them.

Rules:

- Identify what the car in the picture likely is by identifying the parts and details included in the picture posted. Then draw your conclusion from those possibilities.

- Be as specific as you can be.

- Not all of the parts visible in the picture may belong to car in question and there may be repairs, replacement parts or part from other cars included in the picture.

- Some may have few clues so the identification nay not be as exact as it is in other games.

- Play fair and have fun. The award is not worth an argument ;)

- I anticipate that this game will end and be locked in one week from first posting.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

« Last Edit: February 16, 2019, 06:56:17 PM by J_Speegle »
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

Offline 67gtasanjose

• "Take the MUSTANG PLEDGE"
Re: Now for something different - Game 2#
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2019, 07:13:26 PM »
I see a 67, with factory Select-Aire (early? Cannot see the bottom of the AC case clearly enough), standard interior, Auto Trans with console and if the crossmember belongs to the car, C4 so a 289 or 200. I'll look a little more now ;)

Added: Saddle interior and Burnt Amber, Am radio (factory installed on an a console car)
« Last Edit: January 21, 2019, 07:21:44 PM by 67gtasanjose »
Richard Urch

1967 (11/2/66, S.J.) GTA Luxury Coupe, 289-4V w/Thermactor Emissions, C-4, Int./Ext. Decor +many options

2005 (04/05) GT Premium Convertible, Windveil Blue, Parchment Top w/Med. Parchment interior,  Roush Body Appointments

Offline Chris Thauberger

• Quality is doing it right when no one is watching
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2019, 07:50:36 PM »
Looks like a convertible top chrome trim section. May not belong to car

Offline tim_morrison82

• Click Here for My Project
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2019, 08:12:40 PM »
Saddle interior as the carpet is also sadle. Parchment would have black carpets (if same to a 68). Sunlit gold exterior.

Also see a trunk trim which was optional on 67. I think its a coupe/conv trim. Was this part of an exterior package? Along with the chrome overriders?

Knee pad is present on the dash. This may or may not help with dating the car?
« Last Edit: January 21, 2019, 08:29:58 PM by tim_morrison82 »
San Jose built (Mid Dec 67) Non GT J code Coupe.
Wimbledon White with Parchment Bench seat,
Visibility Group, Power Steering, Power Disc Brakes, Selectaire Conditioner, AM radio, Heavy Duty suspension, Deluxe Belts, Deluxe Wheel Covers, 3.00:1 rear.

Unique 1 of 1 car. Just like every other car...

Offline Bossbill

• In the middle of project hell
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2019, 08:18:57 PM »
Right front headlight bucket. More after I recoat that part in the booth.
Is that an NOS armrest in the plastic?
« Last Edit: January 21, 2019, 08:21:01 PM by Bossbill »
Bill
Concours  Actual Ford Build 3/2/67 GT350 01375
Driven      6/6/70 0T02G160xxx Boss 302
Modified   5/18/65 5F09A728xxx 347 Terminator-X 8-Stack
Race        65 2+2 Coupe conversion

Offline Bossbill

« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2019, 08:28:38 PM »
The trim piece with all the studs sticking up may be a trunk chrome strip.
If for this car it would indicate exterior trim group option or it's a fastback (std on that car).

I think it may be a fastback since there are two wires sticking out near the hinge. One bullet for interior lights and another for the fastback interior light in the fiberglass interior quarter.
Bill

Offline Bossbill

« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2019, 08:31:56 PM »
Since the radio has chrome push buttons it's a 67 radio. 68 had black push buttons.
Doesn't mean someone didn't put a 67 radio in a 68.

On edit -- It appears someone replaced the window winder. These are a zinc or dull cad, not gold dichromate.
The mottled appearance of the crossmember suggests it was recently media blasted.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2019, 08:41:26 PM by Bossbill »
Bill

Offline krelboyne

• West Coast Classic Cougars
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2019, 09:10:00 PM »
1967, you can tell by the square glove box button.
Scott Behncke - Carcheaologist
West Coast Classic Cougars
503-463-1130
1968 GT/CS 302-4V San Jose 05B
1968 Cougar XR7 Dearborn 09A

Offline tim_morrison82

• Click Here for My Project
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2019, 09:23:42 PM »
Also 67 AC vent is single piece. 68 is 2 piece.
San Jose built (Mid Dec 67) Non GT J code Coupe.
Wimbledon White with Parchment Bench seat,
Visibility Group, Power Steering, Power Disc Brakes, Selectaire Conditioner, AM radio, Heavy Duty suspension, Deluxe Belts, Deluxe Wheel Covers, 3.00:1 rear.

Unique 1 of 1 car. Just like every other car...

Offline ruppstang

« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2019, 09:59:12 PM »
I see a 67 Coupe or Fastback that is  Burnt Amber with a standard Saddle interior. It has a optional floor console, AC, Automatic transmission and a AM radio.
In the door I see a aftermarket window regulator. On the floor I see the LH left hand headlight,  two after market arm rests, a aftermarket hood molding, a NOS outer window seal, two front bumperetts that are early because they have the rubber molding. The rear bumperetts are to the far right and a C4 cross member.
I am not sure but there may be a lug wrench on the arm rests. I believe the two wires under the RH AC vent are dome light wires.
Marty

Offline midlife

• Wiring Guru---let me check your shorts!
  • Global Moderator
    • Midlife Harness Restorations
« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2019, 11:17:24 PM »
I see a 67 Coupe or Fastback that is  Burnt Amber with a standard Saddle interior. It has a optional floor console, AC, Automatic transmission and a AM radio.
In the door I see a aftermarket window regulator. On the floor I see the LH left hand headlight,  two after market arm rests, a aftermarket hood molding, a NOS outer window seal, two front bumperetts that are early because they have the rubber molding. The rear bumperetts are to the far right and a C4 cross member.
I am not sure but there may be a lug wrench on the arm rests. I believe the two wires under the RH AC vent are dome light wires.
Marty
The two wires under the RH AC vent are the door jamb plugs/connectors, which makes this a 67 for sure. 
Midlife Harness Restorations - http://midlifeharness.com

Offline 67gtasanjose

• "Take the MUSTANG PLEDGE"
« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2019, 07:00:36 AM »
I add the following to my initial response. I am under the understanding that we are trying to determine "What this car IS", not what all the (extra) parts and pieces are but with what is seen, trying to determine what parts are original to the car so my amendment is:

*Clearly, this is a 67 by MANY items that are unique only to a 67
*The "used" molding with the studs, if it belongs to the car, is a Coupe or Convertible trunk molding so that would add exterior decor groups on a 67.
*Fastback deck lid moldings only have "end studs", center clips on fastback slide onto rivet/nails.
*Clearly this is NOT a convertible.
*I do agree with Marty, I now see the front bumper guards and a shadow of what looks like EARLY impact strips.
*I am not sure the crossmember has been media blasted or not (looks like it may have) but being "painted" would make it more likely a San Jose example. Everything I see unique to San Jose, matches my SJ coupe.
*I am not sure I agree about other comments on window regulator, could be the sunlight on a rusty part?
*A closer look this morning, the AC case looks to be EARLY type (no "hockey stick" seam).

Deducing the ID of this Mustang by using ONLY parts that may be original to this example:
67 Mustang Coupe, 289 (or inline 6, though much, much less likely) with Auto trans (C4)and factory Select-Aire. Earlier build, Burn Amber w/Exterior Decor, Saddle w/Standard Interior and added Console that includes a factory installed AM radio.
Richard Urch

1967 (11/2/66, S.J.) GTA Luxury Coupe, 289-4V w/Thermactor Emissions, C-4, Int./Ext. Decor +many options

2005 (04/05) GT Premium Convertible, Windveil Blue, Parchment Top w/Med. Parchment interior,  Roush Body Appointments

Offline Hawkeye

« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2019, 02:29:04 PM »
I see the passenger area of a car.  :o

Offline Bossbill

« Reply #13 on: January 25, 2019, 04:33:22 PM »
It's kinda odd that whoever took off the radio chrome trim plate put the inside knob back on the right side of the radio.
See can also see the console bracket sticking out from underneath the dash.

The transmission crossmember has its bolts and nuts re-installed.

So rather than this being a wrecking yard car, it's a storehouse for a restoration in progress. Or a stalled restoration.
Bill

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: January 28, 2019, 06:26:39 PM »
Game #2 is now closed. Hope that it was fun and educational for some of our members and the lurkers.  Appeared to be fairly easy for a small handful of you that were paying attention to all of the details.

So that viewers can compare their notes here are  some pictures providing more details about the particular car.  Exterior (including door jamb) has bee repainted at some point.

In fact pictures from this car were shared in the following thread in the Unrestored Picture section of this site under the title -

67 A code Mid Year San Jose - Unrestored Picture Thread

« Last Edit: January 28, 2019, 06:28:57 PM by J_Speegle »
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)