Restoring - General discussions that span across many different groups of years and models > Misc Items

Inspection Stickers

(1/2) > >>

Sunlitgold68:

Were inspection stickers used in the 60's? My dad doesn't remember them on the windshield.

carlite65:
some states had them. here in ky we used them for 7 or eight years. the actual inspection here was a racket, did nothing for safety.

J_Speegle:
Are you referring to state or the inspections done at the plant?

If these are the plant/factory ones your referring to they would have been removed during dealer prep so that the first owner never saw them. Often people showing cars incorrectly place them back on the cars (incorrect since the rest of the car is not presented the same way) and can loose points

There are other types of inspection stickers (example - Dearborn inspectors for paint, trim, electrical, final...) that are less visible and those are plant and year specific and somewhat hidden from a casual view of a car

Sunlitgold68:
I'm talking about the state vehicle inspection stickers that were placed on the inside corner of the windshields. North Carolina used them for many years but not sure when they started.

gtamustang:
John,

You are correct that the NC dealership would inspect and affix the state annual inspection sticker to the front windshield prior to delivery to the new owner. There is someone in NC that sells reproduction inspection stickers for ~$40 each. Jack bought one for the 67 that I finished back in September. Nice touch, but you will have to punch the month yourself. As was required by law, dealerships inspected and registered the inspection at time of delivery from Ford and not at the time of delivery to the customer, so you will have to know the approximate date of delivery to the dealership.

Regards,
Pete Morgan

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version