Author Topic: Milestone Reached!!!  (Read 2233 times)

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
Milestone Reached!!!
« on: July 06, 2019, 06:35:51 PM »

This sort of thing sort of creeps up on us at times but we wanted to bring to everyone's attention that
the site will reach its ten year anniversary as of Thursday July 11th 2019.

As we approach that date and almost five thousand members, it's a great opportunity to thank Sluggo
who originally set up the site and offered it to us as a refuge for those that wanted to study and share
the finer assembly line practices and details related to specifically Mustangs and Shelby's. A few years
later Sluggo decided that he wanted to focus elsewhere so he offered the site to Charles and I which
we accepted and have attempted to keep things working smoothly since that date.

Members have greatly contributed to the site's success through sharing their knowledge, experiences
and findings, pushing us to look at details deeper and with more of an objective view of the subject at
hand. Over time, owners and builders with other models, have discovered a mutual interest and benefit
from the site helping us grow and expand outside of our original focus, just a little, where we share
similarities. During these years we have added and expanded members only sections, purchased and
collected pictures not found elsewhere on the internet, in books or in magazines, all adding to the
benefits of the sits and our understanding. Doing things yourself, restoring original parts when possible
and the satisfaction this process can bring has been an important focus here since the first day of operation.
We hope to continue to support and share those techniques and successes.

Over the years we have developed into a viable community who continue expand the knowledge base,
help others and document the findings for those who will follow in our footsteps or are currently building
cars. The participation and numbers have out paced our meager original expectations and I want to take
this opportunity to thank everyone that has made this site a success and look forward its future.

THANK YOU ALL!!
« Last Edit: July 07, 2019, 05:15:59 AM by J_Speegle »
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

Offline jwc66k

Re: Milestone Reached!!!
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2019, 07:20:11 PM »
And Jeff, thanks for your and Charles' patience.
Jim
I promise to be politically correct in all my posts to keep the BBBB from vociferating.

Offline midlife

• Wiring Guru---let me check your shorts!
  • Global Moderator
    • Midlife Harness Restorations
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2019, 09:11:12 PM »
Thank you, Jeff and Charles.
However, you make me feel quite a bit older now...
Midlife Harness Restorations - http://midlifeharness.com

Offline 67gta289

« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2019, 09:27:52 PM »
Agreed, many thanks are in order.   I really appreciate being helped a lot and also being to help a little in return.
John
67 289 GTA Dec 20 1966 San Jose
7R02C156xxx
MCA 74660

Offline CharlesTurner

• Charles Turner
  • Administrator
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2019, 10:45:44 PM »
Thanks to all that have participated and hopefully even those that don't participate have found the site useful.  The goal has always been the open sharing of information and I believe we've done well.

:) :) :) :) :) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)
Charles Turner - MCA/SAAC Judge
Concours Mustang Forum Admin

Offline mgmradio

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2019, 11:23:41 PM »
Thanks Jeff and Charles .
Formerly the MCA ANHJ 64.5-66!

Offline outlawincorporated

• Kangaroo Herder
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2019, 12:27:42 AM »
JEFF and CHARLES.

from someone on the other side of the world this site has become the "gold standard" for anyone who owns a mustang.
I have spent hours on here and thank all who have participated there time and knowledge.

many more happy years to come to come,  ohhhh i both owe you a beverage or three and a steak dinner at SAAC44. its the least i can do for you both.

regards

PHILL BERESFORD
MELBOURNE.
AUSTRALIA.
ITS ONLY EVER ORIGINAL ONCE!!!!!

MCA GOLD CARD JUDGE 1ST GENERATION.  MCA #68589

Offline ChrisV289

« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2019, 12:39:49 AM »
Many thanks to you all.  I have learned a lot on this forum
Chris
1965 Honey Gold Fastback (SJ 10/29/64)
1965 Caspian Blue Fastback (SJ 06/03/65)
2009 V6 Mustang Coupe

Offline ruppstang

« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2019, 09:07:36 AM »
Thanks to Jeff and Charles for keeping this a organized fun site. So many turn in to places for ugly fights. It is so good to come here and learn new things and also offer help to others from our life experience.
Here is to the next ten years!

Offline 67350#1242

« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2019, 10:05:57 AM »
Definitely a class act! 8)
67 Coupe SJ 11/16/66
67 GT350 SJ 2/01/67

Offline Skyway65

• Gold Level Subscriber
« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2019, 10:53:07 AM »
Great job you guys, seriously, thank you!
Gary Schweitzer
MCA #00181
Traverse City, MI

"A work of art in the form of a Mustang"

Offline 67gtasanjose

• "Take the MUSTANG PLEDGE"
« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2019, 01:09:47 PM »
I agree with all statements above and I am pretty sure I will agree with all who add comments below.

Before I even had a license to drive, my affinity towards Mustangs and restored cars was that of being in awe of the workmanship of a great job of restoration.

I set out to find, for my first car, something worthy of collecting & restoring.  At age 16 in 1977, I could see my pockets couldn't afford whatever I REALLY wanted as a first car but I can say that before I was 18, I ended up having two exceptionally nice, 'enviable' 67 Mustangs. My fastback was a junkyard rescue so it was an easy choice to Mod it back onto the road and one day sell it off (huge regret selling it nowadays). The Coupe I still have was always destined to one day be restored in my senior years, always the plan was to restore it closely as practical to what we now understand as a concours restoration today.

This seemed as the years rolled by, this caliber of workmanship would end up being 100% impossible to accomplish.

This site has helped me do "The Impossible".

I, for another...am eternally grateful.
Richard Urch

1967 (11/2/66, S.J.) GTA Luxury Coupe, 289-4V w/Thermactor Emissions, C-4, Int./Ext. Decor +many options

2005 (04/05) GT Premium Convertible, Windveil Blue, Parchment Top w/Med. Parchment interior,  Roush Body Appointments

Offline tobkob

« Reply #12 on: July 07, 2019, 01:26:40 PM »
Thanks and Congratulations  :)

TOB
1969 (04/07/69) GT350 owned since 1970. Only owner since Hertz.

Offline jswoody

« Reply #13 on: July 07, 2019, 02:01:53 PM »
Thank you to all involved.  This is a great resource and always helpful.  So much information for current and future projects. 

Offline preaction

« Reply #14 on: July 07, 2019, 03:41:26 PM »
Congratulations, the atmosphere here makes it easy and fun to give back. Is Sluggo still an enthusiast ?
8F02R218047-  July 18 1968   Dearborn