Author Topic: 1967-8 Fuel Sender for Low Fuel System. ( Core Part)  (Read 548 times)

Offline 1967 GT

1967-8 Fuel Sender for Low Fuel System. ( Core Part)
« on: August 28, 2019, 12:56:25 AM »
I am looking for a sending unit suitable for a core to be rebuilt. The gauge or the thermister does not have to function.

Thank you, Dan

Online krelboyne

• West Coast Classic Cougars
Re: 1967-8 Fuel Sender for Low Fuel System. ( Core Part)
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2019, 11:18:09 AM »
Just an FYI.
1967 versions have a 5/16" fuel line tube.
1968 versions have a 3/8" fuel line tube.
Scott Behncke - Carcheaologist
West Coast Classic Cougars
503-463-1130
1968 GT/CS 302-4V San Jose 05B
1968 Cougar XR7 Dearborn 09A

Offline 1967 GT

« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2019, 11:43:33 AM »
Scott, I was talking to Jim yesterday.  I bought one of the solid state replacement units that eliminate need for a sender and relay. It doesn't work. I pulled the harness and sent it to randy at Midlife. He couldn't get it to function on the bench. Shipping and bench labor was another 200.00.  Mr. Gunn at your facility tested your in stock unit on the bench. Doesn't work. Bob Entwistle  is about as unprofessional as they come. He doesn't want to be bothered with his unit that doesn't work.  I also called Wade at NPD. Because of the issues they are going to remove them from in inventory.

Dan
« Last Edit: August 31, 2019, 12:16:30 AM by 1967 GT »

Offline midlife

• Wiring Guru---let me check your shorts!
  • Global Moderator
    • Midlife Harness Restorations
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2019, 03:36:35 PM »
Scott, I was talking to Jim yesterday.  I bought one of the solid state replacement units that eliminate need for a sender and relay. It doesn't work. I pulled the harness and sent it to randy at Midlife. He couldn't get it to function on the bench. Shipping and bench labor was another 200.00.  Mr. Gunn at your facility tested your in stock unit on the bench. Doesn't work. Bob Eisenberg is about as unprofessional as they come. He doesn't want to be bother with his unit that doesn't work.  I also called Wade at NPD. Because of the issues they are going to remove them from in inventory.
I hope you didn't send it out to me already; I'm still out of commission for another couple of months.  I have no way of storing any packages.
Midlife Harness Restorations - http://midlifeharness.com

Online krelboyne

• West Coast Classic Cougars
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2019, 06:29:42 PM »
Scott, I was talking to Jim yesterday.  I bought one of the solid state replacement units that eliminate need for a sender and relay. It doesn't work. I pulled the harness and sent it to randy at Midlife. He couldn't get it to function on the bench. Shipping and bench labor was another 200.00.  Mr. Gunn at your facility tested your in stock unit on the bench. Doesn't work. Bob Eisenberg is about as unprofessional as they come. He doesn't want to be bother with his unit that doesn't work.  I also called Wade at NPD. Because of the issues they are going to remove them from in inventory.
Robert Entwistle is the guys name that makes the solid state unit. Mr Gunn was just talking about that yesterday, I will take it under advisement to the boss. That is no way to do customer service. Thank you!
Scott Behncke - Carcheaologist
West Coast Classic Cougars
503-463-1130
1968 GT/CS 302-4V San Jose 05B
1968 Cougar XR7 Dearborn 09A

Offline 1967 GT

« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2019, 12:27:18 AM »
Robert Entwistle is the guys name that makes the solid state unit. Mr Gunn was just talking about that yesterday, I will take it under advisement to the boss. That is no way to do customer service. Thank you!
I sent Don Rush the arsehole's e-mail responses to me before. Arrogant, rude and his defectively soldered SSIRV ( Solid State Voltage Regulator) had an SCR that wasn't soldered and he blamed me for the damage. He charged me 40.00 for a replacement and said he would refund 15.00 of the 40.00 if it was sent back to him. I did so, it was receive. No more responses via e-mail and no refund to PayPal.
I pulled the unit from my vehicle and sent it to Randy. He also couldn't get it to work. I only ran the fuel low enough for the light to come on three times, but it doesn't function. I even lacj a regular proof-out function.
                                                               Thanks, Dan