Author Topic: 69-70 Shelby Sport Lamps  (Read 469 times)

Offline 69supercj

69-70 Shelby Sport Lamps
« on: January 09, 2020, 04:12:45 PM »
A really nice set of lamps. Metal housings have been bead blasted and repainted to try and resemble the factory finish, chrome has been buffed and the black paint was stripped and new semi gloss applied. There are a couple of really small pits on the bottom side but they do not show when mounted. The gaskets will need replaced and one lens has a small crack. All wiring is great and all part numbers are clearly legible. $200 plus the ride
« Last Edit: January 09, 2020, 04:18:39 PM by 69supercj »

Offline Bob Gaines

• Global Moderator
Re: 69-70 Shelby Sport Lamps
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2020, 10:38:13 PM »
A really nice set of lamps. Metal housings have been bead blasted and repainted to try and resemble the factory finish, chrome has been buffed and the black paint was stripped and new semi gloss applied. There are a couple of really small pits on the bottom side but they do not show when mounted. The gaskets will need replaced and one lens has a small crack. All wiring is great and all part numbers are clearly legible. $200 plus the ride
They look very nice. I thought I would mention that the receptacle with wire pigtail was zinc gold from the factory.
Bob Gaines,Shelby enthusiast, Shelby collector , Shelby concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Offline 69supercj

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2020, 09:27:42 AM »
They look very nice. I thought I would mention that the receptacle with wire pigtail was zinc gold from the factory.

Thanks Bob. The receptacle on these are completely covered by the rubber boot. However if you look inside the housing you can see the gold zinc where the lip of the socket is folded over. What is the correct finish on the housings, they have a goldish, and a very slight purpleish sheen to them in the sunlight and I tried to replicate that as best I could since I dont have access to a plater.

Offline Bob Gaines

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2020, 11:23:50 PM »
Thanks Bob. The receptacle on these are completely covered by the rubber boot. However if you look inside the housing you can see the gold zinc where the lip of the socket is folded over. What is the correct finish on the housings, they have a goldish, and a very slight purpleish sheen to them in the sunlight and I tried to replicate that as best I could since I dont have access to a plater.
The entire housing that has the socket attached was zinc gold (zinc dichromate). The socket that the bulb plugs into is brass and not zinc gold. I typically press out the socket then zinc dichromate the receptacle or housing  and then press the socket back in. In any event it should be gold and not silver on the backside to look like assemblyline. Best of luck with the sale.
Bob Gaines,Shelby enthusiast, Shelby collector , Shelby concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby