Author Topic: WTB Original 1963-65 Cobra Fasteners, good used to new old stock.  (Read 298 times)

Offline Dan Case

WTB Original 1963-65 Cobra Fasteners, good used to new old stock.

The last inquiry worked well enough to try another.  This inquiry is for three parts potentially sourced through Ford’s vast 1960s fastener collection. So many of you have been around 1960s cars so long you might be able to provide leads on some of these.

First Item: Dorman® brand ¼-28 X 1¼ hex cap screw with head markings as shown below . Used street and race in Cobras 1963-65. The parts have a black corrosion resistant finish. Parts in cabinets in old auto parts stores have so far had not only different markings but have been plated in bright silvery material.  At least ten parts wanted.

Second Item: Dorman brand 5/16 studs marked S-91. SA used these in Cobras street and race 1963-1965.  Their finish is black. I have found some of these in old parts stores before. SA also used the slightly longer S-92 marked black parts. I found one S-92 marked part in the Dorman cabinet set in a 1940s-1960s speed shop.  Any quantity of S-91 and S-92 studs wanted.

Third Item:  The design was patented under the Nylok® name and might be one of their parts. It is a ¼-28 reversible prevailing torque stop (a.k.a. lock) nut. Again, a street and race part for Cobras 1963-65. Ford and Chrysler used a larger size with a blue insert for years.  The owner of the Nylok brand would be glad to make 50,000 of them or more for me but I have no interest in than many no matter what the cost might be.  Any quantity available wanted.

If you have an old Dorman parts system set, also hunting 5/16-24 X 2 Grade 5 "DORMAN 5/16" hex cap bolts in clear cadmium or bright zinc plating and 3/8-16 X 3½ Grade 5 "DORMAN 3/8" hex cap bolts in black finish. These are also Cobra parts but harder to spot in the cars. At least ten each wanted.

Thanks for looking, Dan. (Moderator: I hope this want ad is okay with the group. I have helped with early Shelby and 1969-70 Boss Mustang owners and restorers with fine details and sometimes rare small parts since 1972. Currently offering parts and information for SFM5S003 for the third time three owners over four decades. )
« Last Edit: January 27, 2020, 04:16:08 PM by Dan Case »
Dan
1964 Cobra owner since 1983, Cobra crazy since I saw my first one in the mid 1960s in Huntsville, AL.