Author Topic: Photos on the site  (Read 736 times)

Offline hankmeister

Photos on the site
« on: September 11, 2020, 11:00:37 AM »
I tried looking for an answer, but nothing obvious came up...I've noticed most photos on the site have "PHOTOBUCKET" all through them, and oftentimes the quality is baaaad.  :-[ Is there any way to get rid of that? Paying member? Photobucket account? Help?

thanks in advance
H
Hank
70 Fastback
351C / 4 bbl / 4 spd / front disc brakes
No a/c or p/s
Wimbledon Wht

Offline jwc66k

Re: Photos on the site
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2020, 01:01:47 PM »
That's a "trait" of Photobucket. I post pictures from my computer. I guess you don't.
That's 5030, a 65 GT-350 in a friend's garage.
Jim
I promise to be politically correct in all my posts to keep the BBBB from vociferating.

Offline CharlesTurner

• Charles Turner
  • Administrator
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2020, 02:58:12 PM »
Photobucket used to be free up until a year or so back they decided they wanted to start charging for photo hosting...

Jeff S. can elaborate.  He's been slowly moving pics over to the site, but it's a lot of work to go back and update threads.
Charles Turner - MCA/SAAC Judge
Concours Mustang Forum Admin

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2020, 03:30:51 PM »
Would be surprised if the old Photobucket pictures were the majority of the pictures on this site. Must just be the particular subjects you happen to be looking at.  Since you found those you might be familiar with the search feature .  Another example where search would have helped finding the thread below. Just used the words "Photobucket"

http://www.concoursmustang.com/forum/index.php?topic=21886.msg137255#msg137255

As mentioned in that thread. If you find them send me a link to the subject in a PM and I'll try and replace them
« Last Edit: September 11, 2020, 03:35:12 PM by J_Speegle »
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

Offline hankmeister

« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2020, 12:06:50 PM »
Would be surprised if the old Photobucket pictures were the majority of the pictures on this site. Must just be the particular subjects you happen to be looking at.  Since you found those you might be familiar with the search feature .  Another example where search would have helped finding the thread below. Just used the words "Photobucket"

http://www.concoursmustang.com/forum/index.php?topic=21886.msg137255#msg137255

As mentioned in that thread. If you find them send me a link to the subject in a PM and I'll try and replace them
Thanks much, and will do! When I used the term "Photobucket", practically every thread (or most of them) still using the PB photos came up....

all the best
H
Hank
70 Fastback
351C / 4 bbl / 4 spd / front disc brakes
No a/c or p/s
Wimbledon Wht