Author Topic: '65 Dearborn GT w/ AC w/o PS???  (Read 412 times)

Offline 65ptoGT

'65 Dearborn GT w/ AC w/o PS???
« on: October 18, 2020, 07:23:08 PM »
I'm looking for any info on the pulley/belt setup for my Dearborn built '65 GT. The setup is factory w/ AC & w/o PS... Any photos, or ideas on what is correct? My understanding is the alternator was a dual sheave, but beyond that I'm unsure of how to get this back to its original state. The motor had been replaced and the AC was yanked at the same time by the previous owner.

Thanks for any assistance.

Offline jwc66k

Re: '65 Dearborn GT w/ AC w/o PS???
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2020, 07:59:47 PM »
Your setup is shown in the 65 Mustang Engine Assembly Manual (AM0155 pg 10) and is is shown with a double sheave pulley for the alternator, but without a Ford part number for the double sheave pulley. All the rest of the installation is documented. I'll check the Electrical Assembly Manual for more (I'm grilling rib eyes).
If you don't have a set of Mustang Assembly Manuals, I recommend you get a set. You will also need a 64 Mustang Chassis Assembly Manual to complete the set.
Jim
The Electrical Assembly Manual does not include the alternator pulley part number. You will have to use the Ford Car Parts manuals (aka MPC) located in the library to determine a service stock number.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2020, 08:08:35 PM by jwc66k »
I promise to be politically correct in all my posts to keep the BBBB from vociferating.

Offline 65ptoGT

Re: '65 Dearborn GT w/ AC w/o PS???
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2020, 08:12:55 PM »
Thanks!

I currently only have the shop manual, body & chassis, and weld & sealant manuals. I think I also have the wiring manual.