Restoring - General discussions that span across many different groups of years and models > Body, Paint & Sealers

front fender sound deadner

<< < (2/4) > >>

J_Speegle:

--- Quote from: 66RavenGTCoupeAgain on June 05, 2017, 09:04:48 PM ---Just what I was after. Would the application pattern be much different for a 10/20/64 SJ car?
--- End quote ---

From the example I posted - Yes If the worker choose the bottom of the fender might have had no sound deadener and each inner panel could have received only a single pass of the wand maybe 10" side and a foot long

--- Quote from: 66RavenGTCoupeAgain on June 05, 2017, 09:04:48 PM ---Just a side question: Did convertibles have the sound deadener on the inner rear side panels in the trunk?
--- End quote ---

Yes all body styles were suppose to received a section of the inner quarter panel with the sound deadner. Often 3-4 passes with the wand

--- Quote from: 66RavenGTCoupeAgain on June 05, 2017, 09:04:48 PM --- Also, was the deadener in the area where the rear quarter windows wind down into done at the same time as the rear wheel arches?

--- End quote ---

If it got missed it should have been picked up by the multiple inspectors. Thats not what was common nor playyed

Not over the wheel arches - rearward of the arches in the trunk area, Often but not always was the surface behind the rear quarter windows would get a short single pass commonly

brennancarey:
i am just wondering what product and application is everyone using on the front fender sound deadner ?

I know on the rear wheel house success has been obtained with  Spectrum Sludge, but thats a manual approach with a brush. So on the front fender with everything installed what is the product and procedures that are been used as you cant apply in these areas with a brush surely ?

thks!

CharlesTurner:
I've been using Lord Fusor sprayable seam sealer, 805HD.  Requires a special gun to spray, I borrow my body guy's Wurth one.

brennancarey:

--- Quote from: caspian65 on June 06, 2017, 11:18:24 AM ---I've been using Lord Fusor sprayable seam sealer, 805HD.  Requires a special gun to spray, I borrow my body guy's Wurth one.

--- End quote ---

Ok great, does anyone know if Wurth have a similar product to the Lord Fusor as I can get Wurth products but not Lord Fusor in "my neck of the woods" ?

67gta289:
This is what I use

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version