Showing & Judging > Events

Who's going to MCA Show in Suisun City, CA?

<< < (2/4) > >>

Laurie S.:
I'm taking Trouble there.

Morsel:
I'm hoping to be there with the 66 K-code in the concours trailer class, but we'll see if I can get it done in time. Still got a lot to do and waiting on others for a couple things :/

Jason

midlife:
I failed to make the show, as the F250 broke down short of the Grapevine near Gorman.  Wouldn't start after filling the gas tank.  Had it and the trailer towed 3 miles to a shop, where they diagnosed low oil (7 quarts low).  After filling the oil after an engine flush, the car was smoking terribly.  7 qts in 522 miles...hmmm...not good.  Decided to go back home and not try and tackle the Grapevine twice.  Stopped in the wonderful city of Palmdale for the night.  Truck wouldn't start that morning: no oil pressure.  Also had 2 trailer tires flat due to nail punctures.  Had the truck towed to a shop, where they got it running, but they want to diagnose the excessive fuel consumption. 

Stuck at the hotel with no transportation; people park in front of the trailer so we can't hook up, the hotel restaurant bar is closed on the weekends...not fun at all. 

J_Speegle:
Wow Midlife. Heck of a bad end of the week and start of a trip. Hope this week brings you better news.  At least it didn't happen going up or at the top of the Grapevine.

Went down once going up the north side, on the way to a San Diego show. Smoke got let out of some wiring and everything was fine afterwards. Never figured out what burnt up (under the dash) but never had any problems after that during the trip or for years after other than the ignition sensor - a common issue for those 7.3s. Just rolling on faith

Guessing the trunk might be a diesel

midlife:
Yes, F250 SuperDuty diesel. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version