Author Topic: License Plate Frames Des Moines, 1967  (Read 239 times)

Offline Chrb

License Plate Frames Des Moines, 1967
« on: September 28, 2022, 07:34:03 AM »
Hi-
I'm looking for a pair of license plate frames for my 1967 Mustang convertible. The car was sold by Geo. Walker Ford, Inc. in Des Moines in May 1967. Maintanance was done for over 25 years by Charles Gabus Ford also located in Des Moines. So either one would work for me.

I'm located in Germany but have a friend in upstade NY so no need for complicated shipment to Germany.

Thanks,
Christian

Offline bpmdu

Re: License Plate Frames Des Moines, 1967
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2022, 04:47:40 PM »
My family is from DSM originally - Dewey and Charles Gabus were the main two Ford dealers in the DSM area during that era from their recollection. Charles Gabus is still in business today - not sure if you tried this - you may try reaching out to them and seeing if they have any old stock license plate frames. Maybe they have a picture of an original which you can have a repop created off of? Not certain if it'll matter to you but Charles Gabus Ford started in 1968. I think finding any Geo Walker Ford products is going to be a tough task...

Offline Chrb

Re: License Plate Frames Des Moines, 1967
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2022, 04:30:22 AM »
Thanks for your answer.

I tried to talk to somebody at Charles Gabus already but they haven't been able to help me. I will try again maybe, they did not really understand completely what I was looking for. Most likely due to my language skills...  :).

I know Geo Walker Ford will be tough but as mentioned the Mustang was frequently maintained starting in 1969 until the early nineties by the first owner so this would definitively work for me.