Restoring - General discussions that span across many different groups of years and models > Drivetrain

Engine Code

(1/2) > >>

68 S Code:
I'm trying to order a set of ECS decals and they asked me a question on the car that I couldn't answer so I figured someone here would know or help me with s link where I could find it. They are asking me the engine code. It's not the S in the VIN but the code at the top left of the build sheet. Well I never found the build sheet. It's a 68 S code vert with s C6. I figured there is only one code. Something like 322? I know I either saw something on a web site, Holley carb book, Ford HP engine guide? Anyone know where I should look?

carlite65:
do you still have the metal tag on the intake? if so the code will be there too.

68 S Code:
Regretfully I don't have the original.

J_Speegle:
405J05 for an automatic 68 390 would be my guess ;)

Brian Conway:
Mustang Restoration Guide by Corcoran and Davis, pg 134, lists 5 different engine codes.  The criteria: number of cylinders. CID, Carb and data code.       Build date,  C-6 trans and body style are not referenced.  For a 8 cylinder, 390 GT, Ford 4v with data code S the number goes from 318 through 322. Hope that helps.  Brian 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version