Author Topic: 1967 Fastback Seat Riser Location  (Read 694 times)

Offline mtinkham

• That'll be easy
1967 Fastback Seat Riser Location
« on: May 08, 2023, 01:55:13 PM »
On my signature car, I am looking to verify the locations of the driver and passenger seat risers. I had recently replaced the "patched" floor with a full floor panel. When I did the patching, I purposely moved the seat risers back slightly to provide additional leg room. Now I would like to have them correctly located.

Specifically, I would appreciate knowing the center of the seat mounting holes (front or rear pairs) relative to any feature on the door opening. My door openings are currently bare (no windlace or scuff plates).

Thank you in advance.
1967 S-code Fastback, GT, 3-speed manual, Metuchen, Scheduled 04-21-1967 - Actual 04-25-1967

Offline krelboyne

• West Coast Classic Cougars
Re: 1967 Fastback Seat Riser Location
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2023, 03:02:23 PM »
The holes in the risers need to line up with the big holes in the floor.
Holes are for mounting the seats.
Scott Behncke - Carcheaologist
West Coast Classic Cougars
503-463-1130
1968 GT/CS 302-4V San Jose 05B
1968 Cougar XR7 Dearborn 09A

Offline jwc66k

« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2023, 04:33:40 PM »
On my signature car, I am looking to verify the locations of the driver and passenger seat risers. I had recently replaced the "patched" floor with a full floor panel. When I did the patching, I purposely moved the seat risers back slightly to provide additional leg room. Now I would like to have them correctly located.
Let's start with how much further back the riser holes are to determine the location of the access holes in the pan. If that can't be easily determined, you will need a long, sharp pointed pick and a small square (for vertical pick alignment on the riser) to "mark" where the holes should be - this a hammer. Of course, looking up thru the holes in the pan would be a good place to start.
Jim
I promise to be politically correct in all my posts to keep the BBBB from vociferating.

Offline mtinkham

• That'll be easy
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2023, 08:17:17 PM »
Thank you. My reference for locating the full floor to my frame jig was the transmission cut-out. The large holes in the floor pan may have been stamped in the correct place, but I don't want to assume. Referencing the seat risers off these large holes builds off this assumption.

I thought if someone had their original seat risers still installed and visible, a measurement to a door opening feature would help ensure my seats are restored to their intended location.

I did transfer the original hole locations to the inner rocker, however time has obliterated those marks.

Still holding out for a measurement.

Thanks,
Mark
1967 S-code Fastback, GT, 3-speed manual, Metuchen, Scheduled 04-21-1967 - Actual 04-25-1967