1st Generation 1964 1/2 - 1973 - Questions & general discussions that apply to a specific year > 1969 Mustang

Coil spring stripe color

(1/2) > >>

AJ:
Anyone know correct stripe color for front coils.   69 dearborn, small suspension, 428 auto ac ps pb
Unfortunately most of my build sheet is illegible.   

Thanks,
Adrian Jacobs

jwc66k:
Are you familiar with this forums' library? There is a link to "Ford Car Parts" (aka MPC) in the 1969 related section (and each of the others). Familiarize yourself with this document (my paper copy takes up 8 3 inch binders). It has just about all the SERVICE replacement stock numbers listed, including coil springs and their ID markings. Try section 53. I just looked. There's stuff there.
Jim

J_Speegle:

--- Quote from: AJ on April 02, 2024, 11:57:52 PM ---Anyone know correct stripe color for front coils.   69 dearborn, small suspension, 428 auto ac ps pb
Unfortunately most of my build sheet is illegible.   

Thanks,
Adrian Jacobs

--- End quote ---

Don't see a 69 in your signature so guessing your asking about a different car. When was the 69 built?

We can get that info from another cars buildsheet often Part Catalogs list only replacement or what Ford carried at the time as a service part

AJ:

--- Quote from: jwc66k on April 03, 2024, 06:12:21 PM ---Are you familiar with this forums' library? There is a link to "Ford Car Parts" (aka MPC) in the 1969 related section (and each of the others). Familiarize yourself with this document (my paper copy takes up 8 3 inch binders). It has just about all the SERVICE replacement stock numbers listed, including coil springs and their ID markings. Try section 53. I just looked. There's stuff there.
Jim

--- End quote ---

I had just combed through the library unsuccessfully when i posed the question.  I?ll revisit it per your lead.  Thanks

AJ:
Jeff,  i have an old habit of referring to my 70 Shelby generically as a 69 model.   Used to help when dealing with the average guy behind the auto parts counter.   

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version