Author Topic: Correct Routing for '69 Deluxe Remote Mirror cables?  (Read 3505 times)

Offline drummingrocks

Correct Routing for '69 Deluxe Remote Mirror cables?
« on: May 28, 2012, 09:01:11 PM »
I have a June 5th, 1969, Metuchen built Mach 1.  The doors have been replaced, and the previous owners didn't transfer over all of the original clips or wiring, so I'm trying to piece everything back together.  What is the correct routing for the remote mirror cables through the door shell, and what keeps them from catching on the window as it rolls up and down?

The '69 assembly manual has a picture of some sort of clip retaining the mirror cables, but I can't really make out the size of the clip or the fasteners that attach it to the door. I've got a picture of a clip I found that I think would probably work, but I think it might be for the console wiring.  Would anyone have any pictures of this area?

By drummingrocks at 2012-05-28
« Last Edit: May 28, 2012, 09:09:01 PM by drummingrocks »
Too much junk, too little time.

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
Re: Correct Routing for '69 Deluxe Remote Mirror cables?
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2012, 07:13:33 PM »
Checked my pictures and it appears that I've never taken the opportunity to take a picture of a 69 remote control mirror door from inside. Have you looked to see if there is a notation in the assembly manual for 69?  In one of my cars there was a very odd metal clip that held the cable out of the way of the window at the front edge near the top edge but I have no way of confirming that the clip was the original one
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

Offline drummingrocks

« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2012, 09:50:23 PM »
Jeff, there's a rough picture of the area in the '69 assembly manual, but it's almost impossible to make out what kind of clip they're showing.

Offline 7Lscjracer

« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2012, 08:01:26 PM »
My 69's door panels were just resting in place with no attaching parts, so it was no trouble to take these pics.
69 Mach 1 San Jose Nov. 68 build
Bought May '81, sold Sept '20

Offline drummingrocks

« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2012, 10:44:43 PM »
Thanks, that's exactly what I needed!

Offline BillEBobb

« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2012, 07:21:56 PM »
I don't mean to hijack your post but I'm in the same boat.  I re-assembled, per the assembly manual's rough drawing but I've got to tell you -- it did not work!  The cable binds on the window glass and therefore, the remote handle does nothing.

I'm going to take it back apart and try using your photos.

Thanks!

Bill

Offline 7Lscjracer

« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2012, 12:09:48 AM »
I should have mentioned drummingrocks clip pictured looks just like the one I have installed as shown in my pics.
Once you have the panel off and the window down and the cables floating free, try the remote toggle to make sure the mirror moves properly.
May need cleaning and lubing, might as well check.
69 Mach 1 San Jose Nov. 68 build
Bought May '81, sold Sept '20