3rd Generation 1979 - 1993 > 1979 - 1993

Calling MCA Judges what is wrong with this engine bay 79 5.0

(1/2) > >>

79mustangcobra:
This is a nice 'driver' engine bay, but if you were judging it what do find wrong?  I will post the answer's later on.  I just think it is good for us to know about this.

bill@wemc.net:
How about this one?

85GTTops:

--- Quote from: 79mustangcobra on January 06, 2012, 05:09:57 PM ---This is a nice 'driver' engine bay, but if you were judging it what do find wrong?  I will post the answer's later on.  I just think it is good for us to know about this.

--- End quote ---

Well I'm no expert on these, but for starters (assuming this is an 82 4.2L V8 due to the DS air intake hole):

* Radiator cap is aftermarket
* Master cylinder should be black semigloss, not natural
* Fan belt routing decal appears to be missing
* Battery is aftermarket
* Starter solenoid appers to be aftermarket (can't tell from this angle)
* Radiator is aftermarket
* Water pump is the newer "tan" one instead of the old "Black" one
* Decal is missing on the overflow tank
* Hood blanket appears to be missing
* Dipstick should be blue, I believe
* Brake cap is not "yellow" plated, or black
* Air cleaner has been repainted the wrong color (with overspray I might add) - the vacuum motor should be yellow plated
* Radiator hose clamps are aftermarket, not pedestal
* Belt tensioner is painted black, instead of natural
* Coil is in the wrong place (you can tell because there are marks on the DS strut tower where it used to be)
* Wiper motor should be the black 1979-1983 one, not the 1984-86 one
* Some of the hoses are not Motorcraft, including the radiator and primary power steering lines
* Intake "warmup" hose is aftermarket, and should also be flat black
* Hood prop is not painted the body color
* Ignition module is either aftermarket, or the white Motorcraft decal is missing
How'd I do?

79mustangcobra:
You did good.  Ok

Radiator cap is aftermarket - Right

Master cylinder should be black semigloss, not natural - It can be either

Fan belt routing decal appears to be missing - Right

Battery is aftermarket - Right

Starter solenoid appears to be aftermarket (can't tell from this angle) - Looks to be

Radiator is aftermarket - Right

Water pump is the newer "tan" one instead of the old "Black" one - I know you meant Power Steering pump

Decal is missing on the overflow tank - Right

Hood blanket appears to be missing - Right, and TOUGH to Find for 79-82!

Dipstick should be blue, I believe - Dipstick is correct

Brake cap is not "yellow" plated, or black - It should be black

Air cleaner has been repainted the wrong color (with overspray I might add) - the vacuum motor should be yellow plated

Radiator hose clamps are aftermarket, not pedestal _ we need to get some of these, how is Fox Resto doing on these??

Belt tensioner is painted black, instead of natural - It is correct at a flat blackish color

Coil is in the wrong place (you can tell because there are marks on the DS strut tower where it used to be) - It is in the right location

Wiper motor should be the black 1979-1983 one, not the 1984-86 one - I think that one is correct, black paint is wearing away

Some of the hoses are not Motorcraft, including the radiator and primary power steering lines - Right, and again tough to find

Intake "warmup" hose is aftermarket, and should also be flat black - Right

Hood prop is not painted the body color -ahh 79-82 MCA Rules states it should be black

Ignition module is either aftermarket, or the white Motorcraft decal is missing - I think you are right, hard to tell on picture

Good Job and also remember the 'blue distributor cap' and I will post a correct motor below.

79mustangcobra:
Here is a 300 Mile 79 Pace Car Motor to compare

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version