1st Generation 1964 1/2 - 1973 - Questions & general discussions that apply to a specific year > 1971 - 1973

date and part number stamp on wiper motor

(1/4) > >>

c9zx:
Anyone have an idea about wether the PN and date on the 1972 Mustang wiper motor was stamped or screened? Also, how much prior to the build date would seem reasonable for the date stamp/screen? Thanks, Chuck

J_Speegle:
Believe they were stamped

Examples I have look to be maybe 3 weeks prior to the cars date

Not many examples in the sampling

c9zx:
Thank you Jeff. Is there a preferred source for having the stamps made? Thanks, Chuck

J_Speegle:

--- Quote from: c9zx on February 02, 2012, 10:15:35 AM ---Thank you Jeff. Is there a preferred source for having the stamps made? Thanks, Chuck

--- End quote ---

If your going to do them correctly (so they look right) I have not found an easy way around doing the design yourself (given a good original example) and supplying that to a rubber stamp maker. If not they will substitute current letter fonts change the sizing and positioning often

I have a local place that I've used for 20 yrs and they understand not to change anything in the art work I provide or they eat the cost of the  stamps. On smaller/finer font designs (like coils for example) I provide the artwork on a disk or email to their layup person. Since everything is computerized  I get them back in two days at the longest since they no longer have to wait to fill up a sheet like the old days

For the wiper motor, do you have an example and does the print go on the side of the case or the end in 72? Have 71s with it on the side and 73's with it on the end.

c9zx:
I'd planned on doing the layout myself and providing it to a stamp maker. I don't yet have a stamp maker selected. The stamp is on the front side of the motor case like a 1971. Where do you buy the "ink" it seems like it is rather thick with high solids content. Thanks, Chuck

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version