Author Topic: Looking for 64.5-specific parts  (Read 1819 times)

Offline MGargano

Looking for 64.5-specific parts
« on: July 31, 2012, 03:05:51 AM »
The original owner of my April 28, 1964 Mustang didn't seem to care much for keeping this car original.  I'm trying to restore it back to the way Henry made it, and am finding myself coming up short on some hard-to-find parts.

One in particular is the fixed, non-adjustable passenger's seat.  I have a perfectly good seat frame, however the rails/track is missing one of the cups and two of the studs are snapped.  The driver's side isn't in much better shape- for some reason the adjusting bolt was screwed into the the bottom of the seat frame, rather than the top, resulting in the head of the bolt bending and twisting the bottom support of the seat back after years of pressure being applied.

As I said, I'd like to keep this car as original as I possibly can, so any help finding these seats parts would be appreciated.

Respond here or email MGargano1@gmail.com

Thanks,
Mike

Offline C5ZZ

Re: Looking for 64.5-specific parts
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2012, 02:35:53 PM »
I have a set of these seats, stationary passenger and drivers
seat has unique seat tracks from later production.
Leave me a PM if interested.
MCA # 00945

65 Fastback, 6 cyl, AT, AC, PS, PB
Rangoon Red/Red Interior

Offline MGargano

« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2012, 11:46:22 PM »
I've managed to find all the parts I need except for the following:

64.5 driver's seat frame
Passenger's seat spacer (for non-adjustable seat)
Cylinder Head
Radiator

Offline Chris

« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2012, 10:31:38 PM »
You may want to check with Glazier's Mustang Barn: http://www.mustangbarn.com/

Fred Glazier there had a 64 1/2 parts car, he may have the non adjustable seat and other parts you need, not sure, I got the radiator and a/c unit he had (March 31 stamp on the case).

Chris
64 1/2 Poppy Red Convertible, 260V8 auto, 19 June 64

Offline $64stang

« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2013, 05:51:15 AM »
I have a 64 Radiator , Dearborn Type , Manual Transmission    it is super clean, just needs a little paint.
I ran it just a few years ago , The metal side of the Radiator are in great shape ,where the part numbers are, the small soldered tag is J8 to late for your application, but you can change that.
Jake

Offline john_simms

« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2013, 02:53:33 PM »
I have a 64 Radiator , Dearborn Type , Manual Transmission    it is super clean, just needs a little paint.
I ran it just a few years ago , The metal side of the Radiator are in great shape ,where the part numbers are, the small soldered tag is J8 to late for your application, but you can change that.
Jake

PM sent regarding this radiator.  Please shoot me a message back or send me an email if it is still available.  Thanks.

John

jrsimms64@yahoo.com