Author Topic: '65 Jacking sticker  (Read 1235 times)

Offline C5ZZKGT

• Gold Level Subscriber
'65 Jacking sticker
« on: April 04, 2013, 09:36:33 AM »
-Trying to see what the general thought is regarding the placement of the trunk jack sticker:

Mine was put on an angle during the restoration, then I found a picture of the area on the car before the restoration that clearly shows the sticker on straight.....

This is a July 27, 1965 scheduled build date at Dearborn.

I'm really thinking I should replace my sticker and put it on straight.

I guess it is kind of thought tht the factory workers were sloppy and would have just slapped the stickers on however they went, or how they felt that day....

Offline CharlesTurner

• Charles Turner
  • Administrator
Re: '65 Jacking sticker
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2013, 12:21:11 PM »
The orientation isn't going to upset anyone or make any difference in judging.  You'll probably put a lot of surface scratches in the black paint by removing the one that's on there.  I'd leave it, unless it bothers you.
Charles Turner - MCA/SAAC Judge
Concours Mustang Forum Admin

Offline Skyway65

• Gold Level Subscriber
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2013, 01:37:59 PM »
Do we know when these stickers were introduced?  My Jan '65 Dearborn convertible never had a sticker...
Gary Schweitzer
MCA #00181
Traverse City, MI

"A work of art in the form of a Mustang"

Offline C5ZZKGT

• Gold Level Subscriber
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2013, 05:40:27 PM »
The orientation isn't going to upset anyone or make any difference in judging.  You'll probably put a lot of surface scratches in the black paint by removing the one that's on there.  I'd leave it, unless it bothers you.

Hadn't thought about that Charles. It doesn't bother me at all, it actually looks more "natural" to me like it is.