Author Topic: Exhaust Manifold 200 6  (Read 1204 times)

Offline koski19

Exhaust Manifold 200 6
« on: June 09, 2013, 09:28:19 AM »
Yesterday, I worked on the exhaust manifold and would like to know how the heat riser tube installs. The photos attached are of the top and bottom of the manifold showing the holes the heat tube fits in. The heat riser tube would fit in the top hole and then connect to the automatic choke on the carb, the engine exhaust then heats up and this heat rises through the tube to the choke and the choke begins to open. But, how is the bottom hole sealed? Thanks for the replies....Jeff

Offline CharlesTurner

• Charles Turner
  • Administrator
Re: Exhaust Manifold 200 6
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2013, 11:12:34 AM »
It's just pressure fit like a V8.  The hole has a ridge that helps to tap it down.  Most times it will fit in place without too much effort.  If there are remnants of the old tube, you'll need to drill them out.  Be sure to blow out the hole well.  Any bits and pieces in there will end up in your auto choke housing and possibly cause it to malfunction.
Charles Turner - MCA/SAAC Judge
Concours Mustang Forum Admin

Offline koski19

« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2013, 11:18:30 AM »
So, then the tube go all the way through to the bottom of the manifold? I remember my 66 Mustang V8 and 67 Cougar V8 where I just push the tube into the top and that was it......Jeff

Offline NEFaurora

« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2013, 07:59:45 PM »

No, Only the top hole is used.  The tube goes in the top hole only, the other side goes to the side of the carb and screws to the side of the carb.  The bottom hole is not used.  The bottom hole was only used by the factory to install Heat dispersion metal filter like material...kind of like the same material that is inside original oil caps.

Tony K.

Tony Kovar (NEFaurora@aol.com)
1965 Mustang Convertible 200 cid 3spd manual
1966 Mustang Convertible Sprint 200 C4 Auto
2007 Mustang Convertible V6 Auto with "Pony Package".
1966 Mustang Sprint 200 Registry Owner/Moderator
MCA#70001