Author Topic: Mini Spare detailing  (Read 2138 times)

Offline Keithc8

Mini Spare detailing
« on: February 20, 2010, 06:18:40 PM »
 I was looking at the MCA judging rules and noticed that it said that the mini-spare did not have a yellow decal installed on it about installation and inflating. Is the mini spare just the semigloss black with no decals at all. Any paint markings or anything else I should know of.

Thanks, Keith

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
Re: Mini Spare detailing
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2010, 07:46:10 PM »
I was looking at the MCA judging rules and noticed that it said that the mini-spare did not have a yellow decal installed on it about installation and inflating. Is the mini spare just the semigloss black with no decals at all. Any paint markings or anything else I should know of.

The "yellow decal" was something that was sent out to owners later (long after purchase) to address some concerns. Its my understanding that it was mailed to registered owners with a letter of explanation

The wheel may (would have to check my files) have a paint daub on the back side and in some examples the tire had writing on the tread area but I have not had many examples of the hand writting, not sure if it was on all of them or just a couple.  Some often had ink printing or a shipping label  attached but those were for later years and different applications - IMHO apples and oranges thing ;)
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

Offline Keithc8

« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2010, 12:27:12 AM »
 Once again thanks for all of the help. I have a decal to remove it looks like. This stuff can drive you crazy if you did not see these cars new and study them real well.

Thanks, Keith

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2010, 12:41:15 AM »
Checked - and I could not find any marks on a 69 Shelby space saver - later ones sure do

........ This stuff can drive you crazy if you did not see these cars new and study them real well.

Yes we have to rely on those few really original cars that are left as well as a collective view of all the other unrestored cars
Jeff Speegle

Offline Keithc8

« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2010, 03:20:22 AM »
 Thanks for taking the time to help us dumb people that are trying to half way get it done right.

Keith

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2010, 06:55:19 PM »
Your not dumb - nor is anyone else here. Just someone looking for some assistance and that is why this site is here

You have reached your quota for questions for the weekend though  LOL
Jeff Speegle

Offline Keithc8

« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2010, 10:04:38 PM »
 I will have to remember that. The MCA site helped with some of the questions as well.

Thanks, Keith