Author Topic: What's a 69 GT package ... exactly ...  (Read 7001 times)

priceless

Re: What's a 69 GT package ... exactly ...
« Reply #15 on: October 26, 2013, 08:46:54 AM »
Interesting request since his car was built 8 months before yours ;)...........
Looks like to me the dates are: emptys 10/11/68  and cobrajetchris 10/10/68????

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: October 26, 2013, 12:41:30 PM »
Looks like to me the dates are: emptys 10/11/68  and cobrajetchris 10/10/68????

I stand corrected - saw Chris's first "69 MUSTANG COUPE, DEARBORN BUILT 06/10/69 OWNED SINCE 1978"  and stopped there - not noticing his Oct vbuilt car :(

Thanks
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

Offline cobrajetchris

« Reply #17 on: October 26, 2013, 01:37:42 PM »
Jeff, Yes I did take many photos and fortunately when my car was being judged I heard them talking about the undercarriage color not being correct because they thought I used the body color (silver jade) but in fact it was this metallic blue color. I try not to hover over judges when they are judging my car and I just happened to over hear this conversation and then I came over to discuss and they were fine with it but if I did not hear them talking about it or was not at the car I would have had a points deduction. This was an MCA national show.
CHRIS KNOBBE
69 MUSTANG COUPE, DEARBORN BUILT 06/10/69 OWNED SINCE 1978
70 BOSS 302 MUSTANG, DEARBORN BUILT 10/24/69 OWNED SINCE 1987
69 R CODE MACH1 AUTO, DEARBORN BUILT 10/10/68 OWNED SINCE 2006
69 R CODE MACH1 4 SPEED (factory black) SAN JOSE BUILT 12/30/68 OWNED SINCE 2007

Offline Armond

• Silver Level Subscriber
    • D'Agostini Restorations.com
« Reply #18 on: October 26, 2013, 01:52:53 PM »
My R code GT coupe had a dark blue with a slight purple tint with metallic on the floor pan.  I have seen this numerous times on Dearborn cars. Never exactly the same shade because it is batch paint. Mine was built 20 Dec 68.  As far as judges, Well I'll just say I try not to get............never mind.   

Welcome to the forum emptys.  GT's are rare and cool.
MCA#31064
rsz_1rsz_thumbnail_1_altered" border="0

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
« Reply #19 on: October 26, 2013, 06:45:03 PM »
Jeff, Yes I did take many photos and fortunately when my car was being judged I heard them talking about the undercarriage color not being correct because they thought I used the body color (silver jade) but in fact it was this metallic blue color. I try not to hover over judges when they are judging my car.............

Good idea not hovering ;)

Would suggest next time (something we have tried to teach the judges to do) during the introduction they introduce themselves they should ask if there is anything different or unusual about the car that they should be made aware of offer something such as

"there has been some discussion at past shows about the color on the undercarriage. We matched the original color we found during disassembly and I have pictures that show that color if you'ld like to see the."  IF they don't aask :(  simply interject before judging starts - "BTW if your wondering about the color of the undercarriage ........"

This should reduce the question from their mind and the need for someone to be right and another to be wrong ;)
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

Offline emptys

« Reply #20 on: November 18, 2013, 02:06:58 PM »
This is a little off topic but I am curious since your car was built a day later than mine at Dearborn if you can tell what color undercarriage primer/paint was sprayed. I have noted at least one other on this site with this unusual blue metallic color like my 69 R code has. The entire undercarriage and the side aprons had this color on it. The only red oxide I ever found was on the inside of the floor at the cowl area and the wheelhouse inside the car. I have already been questioned about this at a national show as it's not typical and maybe some restored cars from that time frame used red oxide just to avoid the controversy.

Hi Chris,

i'm definitely interested in your car too because of the production date.   

The color which we noticed before the car was stripped was an of off-white, but there was some blue tint to the color.  Since
the car was originally white, it was odd that the underbody color was also white.   We had to look on the passenger side to verify
that color, since the car had been in an accident near the front driver's door.

mts.
69 428 GT -- 9F02R -- build date 10/11/68

Offline Yepitsacj

« Reply #21 on: December 01, 2013, 03:30:12 PM »
The build date on my 69 GT is 11/06/68 and was a loaded lease to Philco Ford, Philly  9T03Q  It is white with red interior.   The rocker stripe is red and there is no emblem in the stripe.

Offline jtboss302

« Reply #22 on: April 13, 2020, 01:29:26 PM »
@emptys    I just noticed this thread, I have a 69GT with the R code 428SCJ and C6 auto.  I got a Marti report and it said 2 69GT's were built with the R code SCJ and one had a tah and the other did not.  My car has a tach, do you have the one without the tach?

Offline Armond

• Silver Level Subscriber
    • D'Agostini Restorations.com
« Reply #23 on: April 13, 2020, 02:58:26 PM »
That emptys guy has not logged on here in over three years, so he may not see this.  Here is the info from the cobra jet registry on the number of SCJ's like your built.

1969 SCJ GT sportsroof: 110
1969 SCJ GT sportsroof with manual transmission: 59
1969 R-code SCJ GT sportsroof with manual transmission, V- or W-code axle: 50
1969 R-code SCJ GT sportsroof with automatic transmission, W-code axle: 11
MCA#31064
rsz_1rsz_thumbnail_1_altered" border="0

Offline specialed

« Reply #24 on: April 14, 2020, 12:17:55 PM »
Anybody know when in spring 69 the last GT was built before ford dropped the GT option?