Author Topic: 66 FB water shield Pictures Please  (Read 1217 times)

Offline 1966GTFB

66 FB water shield Pictures Please
« on: October 22, 2013, 01:08:40 PM »
Does anyone have some pictures of these installed? I pulled off the interior panels and found them shoved in the wheel wells.

thanks,

Jeff
« Last Edit: October 22, 2013, 01:56:03 PM by 1966GTFB »
SJ Build Date: 9/17
'66 Fstbk: 63A X 26 17J

Offline jwc66k

Re: 66 FB water shield Pictures Please
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2013, 12:35:45 AM »
Water shields are depicted on page 11 of the 66 Mustang Interior Assembly Manual. The pictures I took when I reworked the vents on my 66K show the water shield folded down and are not what you need, but the assembly manual is, in this instance, accurate. There's a combination of strip calk and tape used. "Gaffer's tape" is what most people use as the sheen is very similar to the original tape. The only drawback to "Gaffer's tape" is the adhesive side is white while the original tape Ford used adhesive side was the same as the exposed side.
Again, I strongly recommend that you get a set of Assembly Manuals for your cat.
Jim
I promise to be politically correct in all my posts to keep the BBBB from vociferating.

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2013, 02:00:39 AM »
..........."Gaffer's tape" is what most people use as the sheen is very similar to the original tape. The only drawback to "Gaffer's tape" is the adhesive side is white while the original tape Ford used adhesive side was the same as the exposed side.

Shurtape - the brand I use is black on both sides (at least the stuff I got was ;)  as is the stuff Dead Nuts on sells

Think it depends on the brand. its meant to not be seen in most cases so I don't understand why they would make anything but black but I guess there is always someone

As for pictures - I'll look but most of the time the sheet has fallen and is laying in a bunch in the bottom of the pocket formed by the quater panel
« Last Edit: October 24, 2013, 02:02:23 AM by J_Speegle »
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

Offline rockhouse66

« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2013, 08:38:28 AM »
Here is mine, done using a combo of what I found during disassembly and the assembly manuals.  Disregard the wrong drain hose please.  I don't know what you expect to see in a picture; the details in the assembly manual are much more useful than a picture as it shows you all of the places to place the tape.

Jim
'66 GT FB

Offline 1966GTFB

« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2013, 11:34:54 AM »
Thanks for the note on the Interior Manual. I will pick one up.

Jeff
SJ Build Date: 9/17
'66 Fstbk: 63A X 26 17J