Author Topic: Carpet recommendations  (Read 6530 times)

Offline lscman

Re: Carpet recommendations
« Reply #15 on: March 06, 2014, 12:34:15 PM »
Colors are pretty decent but the ACC carpet fits terrible and especially for early cars and I'm still wondering what everyone is doing for carpet?

Offline Skyway65

• Gold Level Subscriber
« Reply #16 on: March 06, 2014, 08:56:46 PM »
My ACC carpet with the Mass Back went in perfectly--got it from NPD. No wrinkles or other issues at all. :)
Gary Schweitzer
MCA #00181
Traverse City, MI

"A work of art in the form of a Mustang"

Offline MyRed66GT

« Reply #17 on: March 07, 2014, 07:35:31 PM »
Ditto. Mass Backing is the way to go. Not perfect, but lots better than without it.

Offline lscman

« Reply #18 on: March 09, 2014, 03:46:35 AM »
Was the carpet the early style with finished edge or later 65 version?

Offline Skyway65

• Gold Level Subscriber
« Reply #19 on: March 09, 2014, 01:25:23 PM »
The later style--January '65.  As Charles mentioned on another post, the carpet could be a bit thicker because you can see the black backing in spots if you bend it just right.  But, the carpet dropped right into the car with very little trimming or tweaking needed.
Gary Schweitzer
MCA #00181
Traverse City, MI

"A work of art in the form of a Mustang"

Offline vtstang

« Reply #20 on: April 05, 2014, 08:07:33 PM »
I started this thread about a month ago asking for carpet supplier and color recommendations for my 1965 GT convertible with Ivy Gold/White pony interior. I did wind up selecting ACC and the dark olive green color that was recommended here. Richmond Upholstery here in Richmond, VT did the carpet install. Good match IMHO, wondering what others think.

FYI, I removed the aftermarket AC system from the car at the same time and am on the fence about replacing it with a correct one, so that is why I have the short console.

Offline 5F08KGT

« Reply #21 on: April 07, 2014, 08:04:11 AM »
My ACC carpet with the Mass Back went in perfectly--got it from NPD. No wrinkles or other issues at all. :)

Great to hear! may be there is hope yet.

Offline mgmradio

• Global Moderator
« Reply #22 on: April 07, 2014, 10:41:43 AM »
Looks pretty close to me.
Formerly the MCA ANHJ 64.5-66!

Offline 5F08KGT

« Reply #23 on: April 09, 2014, 12:57:44 PM »
I started this thread about a month ago asking for carpet supplier and color recommendations for my 1965 GT convertible with Ivy Gold/White pony interior. I did wind up selecting ACC and the dark olive green color that was recommended here. Richmond Upholstery here in Richmond, VT did the carpet install. Good match IMHO, wondering what others think.

FYI, I removed the aftermarket AC system from the car at the same time and am on the fence about replacing it with a correct one, so that is why I have the short console.

Carpet looks GREAT!  Why do you think you have an aftermarket a/c unit?

Offline vtstang

« Reply #24 on: April 09, 2014, 05:19:51 PM »
Carpet looks GREAT!  Why do you think you have an aftermarket a/c unit?

Thanks. Had receipts from previous owner showing it was aftermarket. Here's a photo of the compressor. Evaporator looks like the Ford unit but has a nametag saying "Old Air Products". Didn't see any other ID on it. Will be looking for a correct a/c system next. But first, need to start driving it.

Offline 66RavenGTCoupeAgain

« Reply #25 on: August 25, 2020, 10:52:18 PM »
Wondering if I can hijack this a little further given that the title is quite generic?

My question is about a 65 Red carpet from ACC which seems a lot lighter (almost pinkish) in colour than what was in there. Are there any other supplier options out there?
66 Metuchen NJ  GT Coupe
Raven with Deluxe Black Int 289 A Code C4 PS Tinted Windows (Green) Dealer installed Rear Speaker
6T07A1612## Dec 65 Build
65 San Jose CA Convertible Rangoon Red with White Int and Power Top with plastic rear window 289 C Code C4 PS PB AC Fog Lights
5R08C1496## Oct 64 Build

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
« Reply #26 on: August 26, 2020, 04:30:47 PM »
Wondering if I can hijack this a little further given that the title is quite generic?

My question is about a 65 Red carpet from ACC which seems a lot lighter (almost pinkish) in colour than what was in there. Are there any other supplier options out there?

May be forced to redye the carpet if the inserts are not too far off from being the correct color your looking for
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)