Author Topic: Rotor Help  (Read 2512 times)

Offline 69eliminator

Rotor Help
« on: June 04, 2014, 11:12:06 AM »
Can anyone tell me where to buy these rotors? I Would like to replace as originals but haven't been able to source

Thanks,
Brian
1969 Cougar Eliminator 428 CJ Q Code with AC , PS, PDB, C6 Transmission,Traction-Lok Diff. 3.00. Bright yellow paint.
Dearborn 6/69

Offline krelboyne

• West Coast Classic Cougars
Re: Rotor Help
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2014, 12:31:22 PM »
Scott Behncke - Carcheaologist
West Coast Classic Cougars
503-463-1130
1968 GT/CS 302-4V San Jose 05B
1968 Cougar XR7 Dearborn 09A

Offline 69eliminator

« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2014, 05:15:17 PM »
I called Branda.  Apparently the problem with my rotors are that they have the smaller bearing in the hubs for the smaller spindle. Is this the same as 69 Boss 302 and if so any suggestions on where to source rotors with pressed hubs? Or just the rotors and I will press out the existing rotor and reuse the hubs with the smaller bearings? As always your help and suggestions is very much appreciated.

Thanks ,
Brian
1969 Cougar Eliminator 428 CJ Q Code with AC , PS, PDB, C6 Transmission,Traction-Lok Diff. 3.00. Bright yellow paint.
Dearborn 6/69

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2014, 07:19:32 PM »
I called Branda.  Apparently the problem with my rotors are that they have the smaller bearing in the hubs for the smaller spindle. Is this the same as 69 Boss 302 and if so any suggestions on where to source rotors with pressed hubs? Or just the rotors and I will press out the existing rotor and reuse the hubs with the smaller bearings? As always your help and suggestions is very much appreciated.

No the Boss and Shelby Heavy Duty suspension (with the wider tires used the larger bearings making it an oddity between regular 69 and the 70 to come later

I thought that Branda had made some - they may have sold all of the run. Would ask over on the Boss Registry site since there are more of those people driving their cars on a regular basis I'm still running my originals
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

Offline Bob Gaines

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2014, 10:20:38 PM »
NPD had them as Branda did at one time in the recent past. I don't know about now.
Bob Gaines,Shelby enthusiast, Shelby collector , Shelby concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Offline 69bossnine

« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2014, 12:30:59 PM »
We still have a ton of the 2-piece larger-bearing 1969 Shelby/Boss rotors in-stock (NPD 1102-6). Unfortunately, we have no option available for the 2-piece smaller-bearing standard rotor. All we offer is a 1-piece replacement for 68-69 applications.

Rick
NPD

Offline specialed

« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2014, 12:58:55 PM »
Rick this is a very common problem with owners wanting to use their original 2-piece rotorsover  again & after making the 69 boss rotor & hub off my original nos 1 I sent to CA. years ago I made sure they made the rotor the original type with the short then long style vein or rib (only seen from the inside) so as to be used on other 68-73 mustangs cougars failanes torinos etc. since the hub never wear out just the rotor part & can be pressed apart & new rotor pressed back into your original hub & good to go again.  But when we first made these I asked if they would sell the rotor separately but they said no at the time so maybe you can get them to sell them by themselves as you would sell MANY with 6 years of cars needing them not just the 69 b2s & 69 big suspension shelbys of which are only a fraction of the market.  Their is a aftermarket separate rotor out their but noticeably different design on the veins being closer spaced & same length unlike the original design like we made & if owner wants to have the concours stock look they need the type we made for the 69 b2s

Offline Armond

• Silver Level Subscriber
    • D'Agostini Restorations.com
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2014, 02:35:05 AM »
This guy had some a while ago, the correct rotors for the original two piece design.  I can't say if he still has them but you could give him a call.

http://www.chockostangclassicmustang.com/home.html
MCA#31064
rsz_1rsz_thumbnail_1_altered" border="0