1st Generation 1964 1/2 - 1973 - Questions & general discussions that apply to a specific year > 1967 Mustang

67 trunk light wire

<< < (6/7) > >>

196667Bob:
Attached are pictures of an NOS one that I picked up for my '67 in the 80's. Keeping in mind that this was a Service Part, it still shows twon things that have been discussed ; First, you can see that the wire has a braided type of insulation. And second, that it was only long enough to go from the mounting location to the grommet hole where it connected to the wire that goes on to the A pillar (confirming John's pictures).

Bob

Bob Gaines:

--- Quote from: 196667Bob on November 13, 2017, 12:04:17 PM ---Attached are pictures of an NOS one that I picked up for my '67 in the 80's. Keeping in mind that this was a Service Part, it still shows twon things that have been discussed ; First, you can see that the wire has a braided type of insulation. And second, that it was only long enough to go from the mounting location to the grommet hole where it connected to the wire that goes on to the A pillar (confirming John's pictures).

Bob

--- End quote ---
It is interesting to see the orange obsolete sticker on the box. That is the tell tale mark used by the late great parts purveyor Ron Charney RIP. He would apply those to let people know that the part would be hard to find rare and no longer serviced by Ford. The 80's and 90's was his hay days. Fond memories .

196667Bob:
Bob : That's interesting indeed. Throughout the 80's and early 90's, I hit a lot of Swap Meets, including Hershey a couple of times. Of course back then, I rarely kept track of what parts I got where. However, if I remember correctly (although its been 30 years or so), it was Hershey where I got it. Unlike what was always said "back then", that "Hershey was mainly for Pre-War cars", I was always successful for both my 50's Fords and my Mustangs.

Thanks for the trivia.

Bob

67gta289:
I tried to buy some parts from Ron in 2012 but he was not interested.  A friend and I ended up getting the car part remains of the estate from his brother.

1967 eight barrel:
Does anyone happen to have the wire clip that is molded to the wire for sale? I would buy the segment of wire with the retainer/clip if so. As for the grommet: AMK make them.

-Keith

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version