1st Generation 1964 1/2 - 1973 - Questions & general discussions that apply to a specific year > 1965 - 1970 Shelby General

Tri-Y Header Bolts -

(1/2) > >>

jwc66k:
What is the style, length and head markings of the bolts used on 65 and 66 Shelby Tri-Y headers? Was there a washer used? This is for an upcoming project.
Jim

J_Speegle:
Header bolt style appears to depend on when the car was but - 65-66 isn't close enough to provide a solid response

Unlike after market headers no washers were used

jwc66k:
I was trying to open a general dialogue but specifically, Feb and Mar 66 builds, a second car owner asked me about an hour ago.
Jim

J_Speegle:
By narrowing it down it limits the number of files I have to look through ;) 

There were a number of different suppliers used during 66 , an unnamed company and ROCKFORD with a different head designx  as shown below

Doubt you will be challenged either way if the car is shown (believe some judges will like to see the Rockfords though)  - Did find the use of both on  original cars during 66 up through 2268 where I stopped (its later than your focus area)

The Rockford ones i believe were carried by Virgina Mustang - don't know if other places carry them, The other version I don't believe is available except from a donor car

Looks like they are 3/8-16 bolts approx 3/4" long will remeasure to make sure

Texas Swede:
The countersunk type was used on 65 Shelbys and I believe they are
available from AMK.
Texas Swede

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version