Author Topic: Screw holes thru inner wheel well  (Read 1124 times)

Offline mtinkham

• That'll be easy
Screw holes thru inner wheel well
« on: September 17, 2014, 01:26:41 PM »
There are two screw holes through the inner wheel well on either side of the passenger-side fold-down rear seat latch.  There is one hole next to the driver-side fold-down rear seat latch.  These holes are not factory and should be filled - right?  Thank you for the guidance.

Just ignore the rust!
1967 S-code Fastback, GT, 3-speed manual, Metuchen, Scheduled 04-21-1967 - Actual 04-25-1967

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
Re: Screw holes thru inner wheel well
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2014, 04:40:35 PM »
Fill them - something a PO added :(

If this is all you find your very lucky :)
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

Offline mtinkham

• That'll be easy
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2014, 01:40:34 PM »
Thanks Jeff.
1967 S-code Fastback, GT, 3-speed manual, Metuchen, Scheduled 04-21-1967 - Actual 04-25-1967

Offline 67gtasanjose

• "Take the MUSTANG PLEDGE"
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2014, 01:58:07 PM »
Just ignore the rust!

I can't just ignore it!!! With all the work it takes (time and money too) & the fact I am dealing with only 1% of the rust issues I see on just that ONE image! Absolutely amazing labors of <3 love <3 these cars seem to cause! I guess I have seen far worse than that saved and brought back, seen the testimonies time and time again...Just amazes me! Maybe because I'd have to do it all myself and cannot afford a full time knowledgeable bodyman to do it for me! (the way I would want it done).
Richard Urch

1967 (11/2/66, S.J.) GTA Luxury Coupe, 289-4V w/Thermactor Emissions, C-4, Int./Ext. Decor +many options

2005 (04/05) GT Premium Convertible, Windveil Blue, Parchment Top w/Med. Parchment interior,  Roush Body Appointments

Offline mtinkham

• That'll be easy
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2014, 01:47:58 PM »
Labor of love is an understatement!  There are times when I look to my right, look to my left, look in front of me and all I see is rust.  But then I stand back and get a look at those fastback curves.....I look at the original pictures taken of this car in 1968......I imagine one day I will be out of the garage, feeling the road with the unstable steering and suspension, smelling the non-catalyzed exhaust that makes me dizzy, dodging the stray stone, fretting about unattended parking, wondering if the linkages will permit a smooth shift, monitoring the temperature gauge, listening for that unusual noise, hoping the brakes can stop the beast......then I am glad to be in the garage, plugging holes, grinding excess, and massaging the age wrinkles......Ahhhh

Offline 67gtasanjose

• "Take the MUSTANG PLEDGE"
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2014, 02:23:37 PM »
...  But then I stand back and get a look at those fastback curves.....Ahhhh

Pretty much sums it up! Gotta love the curvey ones ;)

Richard
Richard Urch

1967 (11/2/66, S.J.) GTA Luxury Coupe, 289-4V w/Thermactor Emissions, C-4, Int./Ext. Decor +many options

2005 (04/05) GT Premium Convertible, Windveil Blue, Parchment Top w/Med. Parchment interior,  Roush Body Appointments