Author Topic: 1968 Dearborn Convertible  (Read 820 times)

Offline mustang390

1968 Dearborn Convertible
« on: November 23, 2014, 12:28:06 AM »
Back from paint and on with the restoration.  I'm accumulating finished parts with hardware.  Before, I install them, could someone
confirm:

Cross member plate hardware - phosphate and oil?
Fuel line protector - 1/4 x 20 X 5/8 self tapping machine screw?....phosphate and oil or natural?

Since this is a Mn car, there wasn't anyway to figure out from the hardware I took off...plus, I didn't look at the un-exposed surfaces before I
took most of the hardware in for phosphate and oil

Thanks

Dennis T

Offline Bob Gaines

• Global Moderator
Re: 1968 Dearborn Convertible
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2014, 01:58:52 AM »
Back from paint and on with the restoration.  I'm accumulating finished parts with hardware.  Before, I install them, could someone
confirm:

Cross member plate hardware - phosphate and oil?
Fuel line protector - 1/4 x 20 X 5/8 self tapping machine screw?....phosphate and oil or natural?

Since this is a Mn car, there wasn't anyway to figure out from the hardware I took off...plus, I didn't look at the un-exposed surfaces before I
took most of the hardware in for phosphate and oil

Thanks

Dennis T
Phosphate and oil on both places confirmation given. :)
Bob Gaines,Shelby enthusiast, Shelby collector , Shelby concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby

Offline TLea

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2014, 09:55:33 AM »
Dont know the length (maybe 3/4" thread) but fuel line protector is 5/16"- 18  Same bolt as fuel line clips
Tim Lea  Shelby concours judge MCA, SAAC, Mid America

Offline mustang390

« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2014, 10:42:26 PM »
Thanks guys.  Got distracted by working on the rear end.  I appreciate the information.

Dennis