Author Topic: Horn Placement  (Read 1513 times)

Offline Kiwi428

Horn Placement
« on: November 29, 2014, 08:50:04 PM »
Guys, I am finally putting my 69 Mach 1 back together and according to the electrical Ass Manual the horns are fixed to the top of the Hood latch support frame that runs across the car. I have attached a photo of the car before I dissassembled it  and it shows them in mid position down the radiator support frame. I have tried to position them according to the manual but the bracket placement on the horns will not allow this, they fowl the hood??

Can anyone shed light or show me a photo on this?

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
Re: Horn Placement
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2014, 10:08:40 PM »
Looks like your car has the wrong horns installed - mounting arms appear to travel straight out from the radiator support where the correct ones are angled downward

Another reason might be that a previous owner put them in a vise and bent them though looking at the mounting arm they appear not to be like the originals - in either case your going to need to fix it

Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

Offline Anghelrestorations

• Anghel Restorations
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2014, 12:19:16 AM »
Marcus Anghel
MCA National Gold Card Judge, 69-71 Mustang
SAAC National Head Judge, Boss Mustangs

www.anghelrestorations.com
www.facebook.com/anghelrestorations
www.instagram.com/anghelrestorations

Offline Kiwi428

« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2014, 02:56:15 AM »
Thanks Guys, I suspected something wasn't right, because no matte rhow I configured the horn the bracket wouldn,t line up or fit where they were supposed to. The brackets appear to be bent to suit as they are identical and the locating tags do nothing.

That said where is a good place to pick up a good working original set and what would you pay?

John