Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
1966 Shelby / Re: Mixing Insructions GT350H Bronze Gold Powder
« Last post by chsproscon on Today at 03:13:46 AM »
Thanks again for the reply.  Bob, you mention that no stencil was used for the side stripes of a GT350 or GT350H.  So, are the gold vinyl decals sold by various Mustang vendors for the side stripes the correct gold stripe color?  Can I have a paint store mix a quart that match the vinyl stripes and be correct?  You also mention that your original Shelby rear valance with gold stripes was used to match what was painted on your Shelby.  Does your original valance gold bronze stripes match the side stripe vinyl decals currently being sold?  As for the Gold Bronze powder, I have searched the WEB for Gold Bronze Powder and have found various suppliers with various different shades of Gold Bronze Powder and am not sure what would be the correct match.  Different monitors change the shade of colors and it is very hard to find a match without knowing the correct color/shade.   What gold bronze powder did your painter use?  Who was the powder vendor/supplier  for the stripe powder on your Shelby?  I ask this since you recommend that I not use the old powder purchased years ago?  I also realize that you are not a painter and I was not trying to get your opinion of how to mix my powder.  I was just trying to find someone that may still have the original instructions supplied by Branda for mixing their gold bronze powder.  I read on the WEB that mixing instructions were supplied with the powder when purchased.  If I received the instructions when I purchased the powder I have, they are long gone.  Thank you again for your reply and information.
Hex 868992
Body, Paint & Sealers / Re: Stripped carcass weight
« Last post by ruppstang on May 12, 2024, 10:18:26 PM »
I am not sure, but I can lift the back easily by hand. If I had to guess I would say 350-400 lbs.
Suspension / Re: Original brake calipers - 1968 to 1970
« Last post by RoyceP on May 12, 2024, 06:04:46 PM »
The NAPA store here will cad plate rebuilt calipers. I have to specify not plating them for me. They look nice that way but originals are not plated. 
Suspension / Re: Original brake calipers - 1968 to 1970
« Last post by Anghelrestorations on May 12, 2024, 05:19:47 PM »
I hate saying "+1", but Bobs comments are spot on.  Thats exactly what I would say. 
Bottom line is if you put anything on your car that is not typical better have documentation to prove thats how it was originally.  Otherwise if/when you ever get the car judged will be an issue as we judge to the norm and not the exceptions.....unless documented. 
1970 Mustang / Re: What is the correct paint for Mach 1 rocker moundings?
« Last post by HDAshmore on May 12, 2024, 05:02:55 PM »
Message Tucson bruce.  I bet he can assist.
Dan in kansas
Body, Paint & Sealers / Stripped carcass weight
« Last post by RickP330 on May 12, 2024, 03:35:13 PM »
Hi Guys,
    Does anyone have a reasonable number on how much a "stripped" carcass weighs?  I'll attach a photo of my friends '67.  In this form how much does it weigh?
Rick
Parts for Sale / Re: NOS 1964 1/2 to 1966 Mustang fender emblems SOLD
« Last post by 3219alexanderm on May 12, 2024, 03:13:00 PM »
SOLD in Ebay
Parts for Sale / Re: NOS 1964 1/2 to 1966 Mustang, GT 350-SOLD
« Last post by 3219alexanderm on May 12, 2024, 03:11:44 PM »
SOLD
Wanted Ads / Re: Wanted 1967-1968 Mustang GT (concours restored) 4 Spd a must
« Last post by psessa on May 12, 2024, 09:28:15 AM »
Good morning

Still looking. Thanks
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10