Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Parts / Re: Decoding a Autolite tag
« Last post by 9F94M567042 on Today at 04:13:56 PM »
getting back to the original post- Here is the carb tag decode info from the MPC
1968 Mustang / Re: 68 Crankcase Ventilation Hose 289 2V
« Last post by RoyceP on Today at 03:38:38 PM »
That's exactly the one I have, not the NOS one though.

As NOS does that mean it was the service replacement part that differed from the one used in the factory or was it exactly the same as the one when the car was built? From my 2 images from different parts of the assembly manual it seems there was some issue with either the hose or the routing of the heater hoses. 

So the $64K question is which is it?

No idea, I never bought one and Dallas Mustang has been gone for many years.
« Last post by dkknab on Today at 03:30:20 PM »

For years Dallas Mustang sold a NOS version of that hose marked C6_________ it had bends on both ends like this one:

That's exactly the one I have, not the NOS one though.

As NOS does that mean it was the service replacement part that differed from the one used in the factory or was it exactly the same as the one when the car was built? From my 2 images from different parts of the assembly manual it seems there was some issue with either the hose or the routing of the heater hoses. 

So the $64K question is which is it?
« Last post by RoyceP on Today at 01:31:57 PM »
I have since replaced my heater hoses and am trying to line them up according to the assembly manual.  There sure isn't much room under the air cleaner and away from the PCV to use this hose pictured. Maybe this isn't the correct hose.  It's supposed to be 3/4 inch OD and 1/2 inch ID. The length is too short particularly at the bends. I can get bulk hose and cut out accordingly.  What have others done or hose used?

For years Dallas Mustang sold a NOS version of that hose marked C6_________ it had bends on both ends like this one:

1971 - 1973 / 71 429 CJ/SCJ oil cooler line query
« Last post by Bossbill on Today at 01:23:11 PM »
There is a website called:
http://429mustangcougarinfo.50megs.com/oil_cooler.htm

The owner of the site appears to have abandoned the site (or passed on).

In this site is some interesting information on oil coolers and hoses. However, there is no current new owner so the questions I have about an NOS oil cooler line (D1ZZ 6A715-B) remain unanswered.

Yes, this is my coy way of asking what this thing is worth, but the market is so narrow I don't know where/who to ask.
« Last post by 196667Bob on Today at 01:22:48 PM »
Not really my year of knowledge (?), but I did find the attached in the 1965-72 Ford Master Parts Catalog, which I believe will answer your question.

Hope it will help.

Bob
1969 - 70 Shelby / Re: Bell housing color
« Last post by Bob Gaines on Today at 12:04:28 PM »
I believe bare cast aluminum would be typical.

Cast iron bellhousings were used on trucks.
Yes the C5TA-6394 was used on trucks and 69 351W manual trans. The 69/70 GT350's that I have seen had a cast iron bell housing .
1969 - 70 Shelby / Re: Bell housing color
« Last post by DougDyar on Today at 08:35:58 AM »
I believe bare cast aluminum would be typical.

Cast iron bellhousings were used on trucks.
« Last post by dkknab on Today at 08:32:45 AM »
I'll put the crankcase ventilation hose back on later today.  But I'm the meantime here are 2 pages from the assembly manuals I found.  The first from the chassis manual clearly shows the ventilation hose with molded bends and going over the heater hoses that look like they are laying flat right on the intake manifold on not in the holder bracket on the carb.

The second picture from the electric manual shows the ventilation hose with no distinct bend just a gradual loop and the heater hoses together with one on the bracket on the carb.

If the heater hoses are laying flat the hose with the bends can work.

With the heater hoses on the carb bracket it's too short.
« Last post by Bob Gaines on Today at 04:29:39 AM »
The C9AF U is great as a parts donor since it is not original on any car because it was created as a generic service replacement for many applications. The base plate, metering blocks ,bowls and many other small parts are valuable to make other 1969 original Cobra jet Holley cars complete and whole again. 
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10