Author Topic: 67 Metuchen Service Specification decal left front shock apron location picture  (Read 2186 times)

Offline gimpystoy

Anyone have a good picture of the location  for the Service specification decal. 67 Metuchen ? I just bought a repop . I'd like to put it on in correct location.
I've spent last few days researching.  Haven't come up w clear photo yet.
TY,
Gimpy.
67 C code Metuchen, May "67" build 289 C4

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
Guess you don't have a factory AC car

Not sure how "clear"  the pictures are but it does show location and orientation

Hope this helps

7T02C237xxx 

7T01C2572xx

Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

Offline gimpystoy

J: You've come through for me again!
The pictures are perfect for what I'm doing.
yes it's no factory AC.

The pic's you've posted show me I can line up top of decal  horizontal end w  fender apron fastener.
Just what I needed.
All the best to you.
Gimpy

Offline mikeljgt500kr

• 1964 1/2 K code coupe and 2022 GT500 HE
If you have factory A/C, how does that change the position?
I don't always downshift, but when I do it is near a Prius so they can hear me hurting the environment.

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
If you have factory A/C, how does that change the position?

Depending on plant, time period and worker we've seen that some may have chosen a different location that was easier to get to. Just a sub-pattern that right now shows up in some applications when AC is present
Jeff Speegle

Offline mikeljgt500kr

• 1964 1/2 K code coupe and 2022 GT500 HE
Just wondering, since my April '67 A/C Jersey GT S code has it horizontal near this same location on the shock tower, but it has been restored, so may not be where it was before restoration.
I don't always downshift, but when I do it is near a Prius so they can hear me hurting the environment.

Offline gimpystoy

Mike: I asked the question because I've seen a number of variations of this applied. Vertical as Jeff pictured & horizontal like you said.

Gimpy

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
Just wondering, since my April '67 A/C Jersey GT S code has it horizontal near this same location on the shock tower, but it has been restored, so may not be where it was before restoration.

Good chance someone was looking at other cars or the assembly manual when they choose that position - at least a possibility
Jeff Speegle

Offline Deuce

Original sticker and position on my SJ '67 w/AC.
Deuce
1967 C-code Hardtop Coupe, C-4, AC, PS, T/E; SJ built Nov 30 1966, DSO 71___Unrestored
2008 Premium GT Coupe, 5-speed, rear spoiler delete, HID headlamps, well-optioned, Flat Rock built Oct 23 2007, RC 72

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
Original sticker and position on my SJ '67 w/AC.

Thanks
We've discussed the positioning of the San Jose stickers in other threads - this one is about NJ applications ;)

For example

http://www.concoursmustang.com/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=16o9vn6g00g7ea63a8mcf19fs5&topic=5480.msg30793#msg30793
Jeff Speegle