Author Topic: Utica Convertible Top Latches  (Read 749 times)

Offline Snydly289

Utica Convertible Top Latches
« on: April 24, 2019, 09:45:18 PM »
Hi all,

I attained these convertible top latches at a garage sale of all places. Part number is C4ZB-7650535-C and 534-C. what caught my eye was the faded “Utica Plant Quality Built” label on the face of the latch. Obviously, these parts are used and not NOS, but could these have been service replacement latches that never had this label removed? Or was this just a part made at some other plant other plant (Utica) and shipped to the assembly line for installment? (This is my hunch)

I also attained a 64-68 convertible header piece, part number C4ZB-76514A72-A. Attached to the header are original latches part numbers C4ZB-7650535-AW and 534-AW. Are the 535-A latches for the 69-70 mustangs and the 535-AW latches for 64-68?

I am very unfamiliar with converts to be completely honest.

Thanks,
Riley
65 K Code Fastback -5F09K325XXX, Oct. '64, Vintage Burg, Rally Pac, Arvinode Exh, lots '64 items
66 A Code GT Coupe -4 speed, bench Seat, P/S, A/C, Rally Pac, handling package, 8 track
66 A Code Fastback -Built 302, 66 S2MS Intake, WC T-5, 4-wheel Wilwoods, locking 9"
66 T Coupe
65 T Code Fastback

Offline Bob Gaines

• Global Moderator
Re: Utica Convertible Top Latches
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2019, 11:58:21 PM »
The sticker or remnants of that sticker are fairly commonly seen on the header or other parts of the convertible top frame . Most commonly seen on the header portion but was put on other portions as the parts in your picture illustrate. Many times they are removed by the final prep department of the dealership or past owners. The stickers are available in reproduction because of their usage.
Bob Gaines,Shelby enthusiast, Shelby collector , Shelby concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby