Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
1969 - 70 Shelby / Re: Bell housing color
« Last post by DougDyar on Today at 08:35:58 AM »
I believe bare cast aluminum would be typical.

Cast iron bellhousings were used on trucks.
1968 Mustang / Re: 68 Crankcase Ventilation Hose 289 2V
« Last post by dkknab on Today at 08:32:45 AM »
I'll put the crankcase ventilation hose back on later today.  But I'm the meantime here are 2 pages from the assembly manuals I found.  The first from the chassis manual clearly shows the ventilation hose with molded bends and going over the heater hoses that look like they are laying flat right on the intake manifold on not in the holder bracket on the carb.

The second picture from the electric manual shows the ventilation hose with no distinct bend just a gradual loop and the heater hoses together with one on the bracket on the carb.

If the heater hoses are laying flat the hose with the bends can work.

With the heater hoses on the carb bracket it's too short.
Parts / Re: Decoding a Autolite tag
« Last post by Bob Gaines on Today at 04:29:39 AM »
The C9AF U is great as a parts donor since it is not original on any car because it was created as a generic service replacement for many applications. The base plate, metering blocks ,bowls and many other small parts are valuable to make other 1969 original Cobra jet Holley cars complete and whole again. 
1970 Boss / Re: Brake caliper mount bolt paint daubs
« Last post by J_Speegle on Today at 03:20:48 AM »
Just reposting what I posted on the Boss 302 forum where you also posted

Assume your asking about 1970 though not sure what plant. Does or can make allot of difference since they would have been applied at the car plant I believe.

Don't recall ever seeing that paint marking on an original car in 40 or so years of collecting these things and on cars where other paint marks still remained visible on the suspension/spindle.  Of course I could likely find a "restored" car with those markings. Likely a car with allot of hand applied X's on the car also.
« Last post by J_Speegle on Today at 03:19:20 AM »
Can you post a picture of the tag? I can find NO information on a C9AFU
I found info on D0AFU, but not C9AFU
Cheers

I don't have at the moment any close ups of the Autolite tag. Only a handful of pictures of a C9AF-9510-U from a greater distance. Have you done a search on Ebay? Someone may have one up for sale with a tag on it and a picture of the tag in the ad
« Last post by 9F94M567042 on Today at 03:12:22 AM »
Can you post a picture of the tag? I can find NO information on a C9AFU
I found info on D0AFU, but not C9AFU
Cheers
1970 Boss / Brake caliper mount bolt paint daubs
« Last post by boss167961 on Today at 01:29:28 AM »
Guys, can someone please confirm that assembly line practice was that the heads of these 4 bolts (1 long, 1 short each side) had a small spray daub of yellow on them.
Many thanks
Martin
1970 Boss / Re: Shaker vacuum line
« Last post by grabberblue on Today at 01:10:48 AM »
Thank you for the replies. I contacted Jack Brooks at Dead Nuts On and the kit he sells the blue strip hose is 31" long. More than enough for a shaker air cleaner. I purchased the kit and I'll post the fitment results as soon as I get it.

Dan
1968 Mustang / Re: 68 Crankcase Ventilation Hose 289 2V
« Last post by J_Speegle on May 31, 2024, 11:38:37 PM »
Would not suggest using bulk hose since it will lack the very noticeable preformed bends. Not sure "too short particularly at the bends" but guess you mean overall length from point to point or something like that.

Might post some pictures for others so they understand the location/application of the hose. Once I get PS Elements loaded again  ::)
1968 Mustang / Re: 68 289 Engine Painting Details Metuchen Plant
« Last post by J_Speegle on May 31, 2024, 09:19:53 PM »
Videos seem to be all the rage these days....we probably need to start a new video library section in our forum here and then have content to watch on Saturday nights and have weekly premiers hosted by the moderators.  The video section can be broken down by years like we do with everything else.

Not sure that is needed at this time. We've been told many times the current forum format is out of style and not popular thought we have exceeded all of our expectations and have participation and viewer totals that are amazing.  Currently a video (though I believe they may need to be posted elsewhere where they may make other people/companies richer :) can be posted in the Unrestored Picture section IMHO since they are pictures so fits the category. In that way if they fall out of favor next year we don't have a small orphan section and I find trying to stopping a video right at the point that shows a detail and then trying to enlarge it to highlight, investigate or discuss a fair amount of extra work.

Maybe the people viewing videos are more interested in entertainment that our focus
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10