Author Topic: WTT -- June '65 BW T10 for SBF Wide Ratio TL  (Read 1161 times)

Offline Bossbill

• In the middle of project hell
WTT -- June '65 BW T10 for SBF Wide Ratio TL
« on: September 26, 2021, 05:56:05 PM »
Only for Trade. I do not want to sell this outright.

I want to trade a Wide Ratio T10 with the build date shown below for a Wide Ratio small block Top Loader.
The T10 had no issues when it ran behind my early 2+2 other than the infamous 2nd gear decel pop out of gear. By attention paid to thrust washers, correct snap rings and Torque-lok sliders these can work fine behind a 289.
But it needs rebuilding of the small parts. About $200 or so in parts.

The Top Loader I want is any of the small block Wide Ratio units. I assume you know how to look up the RUG code and that the extension housing is made for a Mustang. I don't want stripped gears, stripped out cases or junk. I assume the TL will need the Kees small parts rebuild kit (brgs, synchros, countershaft (not countergear!) and seals. I have the Hurst setup for this so I don't need any shifter stuff.

We can haggle about the Ford shifter and linkage currently on the box. Also make sure you have the right yoke for this spline count. We can haggle about my yoke too.

Why am I trading?
The T10 came out of my 65 2+2 that is now modified. My car wasn't a 4 speed originally (just a 3) and now the 347 is too rich for a T10. I was going to rebuild it and give it try, but after finding out it fits into this group's interest I thought I'd offer it up. Someone here may need this for a numbers matching build.

Don't wait too long or I'll order the parts, rebuild it and use it anyway!
<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
BW T10 specs.
Case: T10H-1 (Ford case with 8 bolt butterfly pattern)
Case date: E25 (May 25)
Counter  Shaft: 7/8"
Extension housing: T10H-7B (std Mustang shifter location)
Side plate assy : T10-148B
Input: 10 spline 1 groove
Output spline: Std Early Mustang (25 spline)
Approx first gear:  2.43 (Wide Ratio)
Assy  Date (shifter side): F1653 = June 16th 1965 3rd shift.

PM here.
Bill
Concours  Actual Ford Build 3/2/67 GT350 01375
Driven      6/6/70 0T02G160xxx Boss 302
Modified   5/18/65 5F09A728xxx 347 Terminator-X 8-Stack
Race        65 2+2 Coupe conversion