Author Topic: front and rear spoiler question. Was it dealer installed?  (Read 697 times)

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
Re: front and rear spoiler question. Was it dealer installed?
« Reply #15 on: March 07, 2024, 11:09:32 AM »
Sorry for getting off-topic but I am assuming that whatever guidelines you choose, you are still bound by the information on buidsheets/Marti-Reports that would dis-allow any dealership and pre-delivery changes to the car (e.g. radio upgrades). I am expecting that Ford followed a pre-delivery process and you would expect that to be reflected on judged cars.....  Please note, the question is for interest sake (enlightenment) and is not intended to raise debate or push an agenda - I'm just curious.

Again depends on class and organization. Example MCA Concours, in that class no buildsheet or Marti report was required nor as requirement for showing. Changes from original are accepted as long as things like the door tag match what is being presented.  Lots of discussions about those things took place over the decades
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

Offline Bob Gaines

• Global Moderator
Re: front and rear spoiler question. Was it dealer installed?
« Reply #16 on: March 07, 2024, 11:24:06 AM »

Again depends on class and organization. Example MCA Concours, in that class no buildsheet or Marti report was required nor as requirement for showing. Changes from original are accepted as long as things like the door tag match what is being presented.  Lots of discussions about those things took place over the decades
+1. I am not aware of any major venue that currently requires a build sheet or Marti report. Part of that problem is that not all 65 up Mustangs have access to ether a build sheet or Marti report to refer to. That fact brings up a fairness issue since it can not be applied evenly across the board. Only a small fraction of Mustang owners have found build sheets for their cars and the Marti reports are only available for 67 and up.
Bob Gaines,Shelby enthusiast, Shelby collector , Shelby concours judge SAAC,MCA,Mid America Shelby