Author Topic: 67 instrument bezel  (Read 424 times)

Offline Juanball Mustang

67 instrument bezel
« on: February 05, 2019, 01:02:02 AM »
I have come across an instrument bezel C7ZE 10841 B  which is for a deluxe , brushed aluminium dash .
Next to the part number it has MADE IN CANADA stamped in a crooked line . Any thoughts on its origin. Was thinking maybe the UAW strike in 67 Ford may have outsourced its production . I have no history of the car it's off as it was bought with a pile of parts .

Offline ruppstang

Re: 67 instrument bezel
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2019, 09:25:26 AM »
I do not know about this dash bezel but a lot of Ford parts were made in Canada.

Offline RoyceP

« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2019, 10:02:08 AM »
The UAW strike was in the beginning of the '68 model year so no relation to anything on a '67 Mustang.

I have come across an instrument bezel C7ZE 10841 B  which is for a deluxe , brushed aluminium dash .
Next to the part number it has MADE IN CANADA stamped in a crooked line . Any thoughts on its origin. Was thinking maybe the UAW strike in 67 Ford may have outsourced its production . I have no history of the car it's off as it was bought with a pile of parts .
1968 W code 427 Cougar XR-7 GTE Feb 23 Dearborn C6 / 3.50 open
1968 R code 428CJ Cougar XR-7 May 13 Dearborn C6 / 3.91 T - Lock

Offline Juanball Mustang

« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2019, 05:22:01 PM »
Thought I'd post a image of the stamping . Interested to know if the Canadian made parts were commonly used and were the all marked ' made in Canada ' ?

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2019, 05:27:24 PM »
Thought I'd post a image of the stamping . Interested to know if the Canadian made parts were commonly used and were the all marked ' made in Canada ' ?

Don't know about this particular part and the marking but there are a fair number of other parts that were used on our Mustangs and other Ford products that were marked MADE IN CANADA.  Shocks (predominantly used at Dearborn and NJ plants) are likely the visible example of this practice
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)