Author Topic: Early 67 NJ - Firewall sound deadner  (Read 6344 times)

Offline sparky65

Re: Early 67 NJ - Firewall sound deadner
« Reply #15 on: October 09, 2012, 10:50:18 PM »
Noticed you missed one of the screw covers (should be two) (Purple arrow)

Well I guess I covered the wrong other screw.  The one I covered is behind the wiring and the other one next to the brake line.  Whats the purpose of covering the one with the purple arrow?  I thought the idea was to prevent the wires from being cut which is why I covered the ones I did.

And a picture of the reverse/back up light plug from an Oct car - Notice how the plugs differ from your (Green arrow) plugs above

Based on this picture it would seem my car has the wrong connector.  There is a tag on the wire but I cant make it out.  Wonder what happened?  The tag on my trans seemed to match the build date.  I guess someone could have swapped the NSS with an old one.  I couldn't tell if there was any markings on that.
Steve
1967 Pebble Beige  I6 Coupe built in Metuchen on Oct 26, 1966.
2009 Black GT Coupe

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: October 10, 2012, 12:10:57 AM »
Well I guess I covered the wrong other screw.  The one I covered is behind the wiring and the other one next to the brake line.  Whats the purpose of covering the one with the purple arrow?  I thought the idea was to prevent the wires from being cut which is why I covered the ones I did.

Nope ;) both screw ends were suppose to be covered. Might have prevented tears and scratches in the workers hands while installing the engine and such

Based on this picture it would seem my car has the wrong connector.  There is a tag on the wire but I cant make it out.  Wonder what happened?  The tag on my trans seemed to match the build date.  I guess someone could have swapped the NSS with an old one.  I couldn't tell if there was any markings on that.

Would guess that the neutral safety switch on the trans shifter post has been replaced with another version. Lots of them got changed
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

Offline sparky65

« Reply #17 on: October 10, 2012, 06:48:49 PM »
Nope ;) both screw ends were suppose to be covered. Might have prevented tears and scratches in the workers hands while installing the engine and such

so now I am confused.  two or three screws?  The one with the purple arrow.  The one that is bellow the brake line.  And the one behind the NSS wiring or no?

I think I am going to start another topic on the NSS wiring.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2012, 06:59:11 PM by sparky65 »
Steve
2009 Black GT Coupe

Offline midlife

• Wiring Guru---let me check your shorts!
  • Global Moderator
    • Midlife Harness Restorations
« Reply #18 on: October 10, 2012, 10:11:11 PM »
The molded connectors for the gauge harness (3 prong flat plug next to the NSS/BU) do not match either. 
Midlife Harness Restorations - http://midlifeharness.com

Offline J_Speegle

• Administrator
« Reply #19 on: October 10, 2012, 10:16:44 PM »
so now I am confused.  two or three screws?  The one with the purple arrow.  The one that is bellow the brake line.  And the one behind the NSS wiring or no?

Believe two screw covers was normal. On a 6 cylinder I've foudn them on the screw above/near the throttle linkage as you have and on the screw next to the master cylinder (when there is no power brakes)  on the passenger side of the master cylinder
Jeff Speegle

Anything worth doing is worth doing concours ;)

Offline sparky65

« Reply #20 on: October 10, 2012, 10:29:20 PM »
The molded connectors for the gauge harness (3 prong flat plug next to the NSS/BU) do not match either.
Doesn't look like it matches in Jeff's picture either.

Believe two screw covers was normal. On a 6 cylinder I've foudn them on the screw above/near the throttle linkage as you have and on the screw next to the master cylinder (when there is no power brakes)  on the passenger side of the master cylinder

Ok, I guess I'll move the one that is behind the NSS wiring to the screw next to the MC. 
Steve
2009 Black GT Coupe